chasfh

What Will Become of Miguel Cabrera?

How will the Tigers deal with Miguel Cabrera?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How will the Tigers deal with Miguel Cabrera?

• Grin and bear it for the remaining four-plus years.
    • Keep him around for a few more seasons, but DFA him before the contract expires.
    • DFA him after this season.
    • Trade him.
    • Successfully rehabilitate him into a useful player and good teammate.
    • Other (explain in a post).

On 1/16/2020 at 3:09 PM, Tim Mitchell said:

Nope on the jealous. Money has everything to do with how hard you are going to work. You're not as smart as you think you are.

If money was everything then millions of everyday people wouldn't bust their butts at the gym every day when very few of those people will ever make more money depending on their shape.

Most people especially competitive people like pro athletes want to be in the best shape they can and just like any competitive person you also want to be the best at whatever you do.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If money was everything then millions of everyday people wouldn't bust their butts at the gym every day when very few of those people will ever make more money depending on their shape.

Most people especially competitive people like pro athletes want to be in the best shape they can and just like any competitive person you also want to be the best at whatever you do.  

...but this not apply to peckerheads.

Grumpfarts don't use rowing machines.  In my day, they didn't have rowing machines.  We got all the exercise we needed doing real work on the farm.  We worked 15 hour days 7 days a week 

On 1/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You are correct that I am not as smart as I think I am, however.

So you think you're not as smart as you think you are? 🙂

33 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Umm, Miggy's got a man-bun? I don't know what to say about that.

That’s Miggy San to you buddy. 

1 hour ago, RatkoVarda said:

Umm, Miggy's got a man-bun? I don't know what to say about that.

I first read this as a man-bum.  I was thinking he went Aubrey Huff.  

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I first read this as a man-bum.  I was thinking he went Aubrey Huff.  

I read it as Mad-Bum and I was wondering how Madison Bumgarner fit into all of this.  

4 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Another cargo shorts crack.  You guys need to knock that off, I have a whole drawer full of them.

Cargo shorts are forever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We can have internet steams fast enough to download two hour movies in minutes.  but We couldn't invent cargo shorts with a pocket big enough to hold.......another pair of cargo shorts.

Brave New world my ***....

If chicks can carry purses then we can wear ****ing cargo shorts. It's only fair. 

I wore crocs around a bunch of twenty-somethings and one of them said “well you’re married so....”. 

I once showed up to the bar to meet friends, in like 2003, and had a Hawaiian type shirt on an sandals.  One was married the other not. “Nothing says married and unavailable like loud shirts and sandals” said the other married guy who had the same thing on

I’m down to 1 pair of cargo shorts. I have another that are technically scout attire. They are pants that the legs can be unzipped just above the knee. They are adventurous. Like something Indiana Jones would wear. 

13 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I once showed up to the bar to meet friends, in like 2003, and had a Hawaiian type shirt on an sandals.  One was married the other not. “Nothing says married and unavailable like loud shirts and sandals” said the other married guy who had the same thing on

I’m down to 1 pair of cargo shorts. I have another that are technically scout attire. They are pants that the legs can be unzipped just above the knee. They are adventurous. Like something Indiana Jones would wear. 

Oh Christ I hate those f***ing pants with the horizontal zipper just above the knee.