chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

I'm giving serious consideration to boycotting Scarlett Johansson if she propositions me for sex.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

My god, this is fantastic. 

In the most recent Fox poll she does just as well against Trump as Biden does, BTW

But this is the right answer on so many levels. Religious freedom in America must be the freedom to live the way *you* want to live, but never the right to tell other people how to live, and people who want to take that interpretation must be fought at all times on every level.

This is the bottom line on both LGBQT issues and abortion as well. RoevWade has never required that a single person get an abortion. People who believe abortion is a sin on religious grounds and want to do something about it should be out there proselytizing to convert people to their view of God and morality, not trying to put people  who don't share their beliefs in jail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Fantastic! 

22 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

In the most recent Fox poll she does just as well against Trump as Biden does, BTW

But this is the right answer on so many levels. Religious freedom in America must be the freedom to live the way *you* want to live, but never the right to tell other people how to live, and people who want to take that interpretation must be fought at all times on every level.

This is the bottom line on both LGBQT issues and abortion as well. RoevWade has never required that a single person get an abortion. People who believe abortion is a sin on religious grounds and want to do something about it should be out there proselytizing to convert people to their view of God and morality, not trying to put people  who don't share their beliefs in jail.

I agree with this 100%. As a reasoning person, I can’t not. If only everyone would see it this way. But unfortunately, the religious freedom the evangelicals seek to protect is their freedom to use their religion to legislate how you and I must live. That’s the ground they’ve established for their argument, and that’s the ground that we the non-evangelical majority must dissolve.

6 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Who really doesn't need some "Americans on the ground to help"?

OAN = "Overthrow America Now"

12 hours ago, chasfh said:

I saw that last night and stood up and applauded. That was one of the best rubukes against homophobia, disguised as religious freedom, I have ever heard.

8 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Who really doesn't need some "Americans on the ground to help"?

Fake ******* news! A doctored and fake story from a fake news channel pumping out fake propaganda for he administration. It has already been established that the prosecutor Biden pressured to fire was not tough enough on corruption. If anything, that would actually hurt the firm his son Hunter was associated with. 

The only one who doesn't see that is you because you live with your eyes closed and just parrot fake news from a fake news outlet.

HA!  OAN....

What's next Weekly World News????

My god......

30 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Fake ******* news! A doctored and fake story from a fake news channel pumping out fake propaganda for he administration.

OANN is on track to become the new Info Wars.  They will substantially profit from literal fake news that the usual suspects will consume ravenously.

4 hours ago, pfife said:

LOL @ OAN

But The Atlantic is suspect 

5 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Making plans to be anywhere but Ann Arbor in mid October 

Holy **** that would be really great to attend!   

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Holy **** that would be really great to attend!   

Imagine if it was Warren v Trump and he didn't bother to show. Would it just become a townhall at that point?

7 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I saw that last night and stood up and applauded. That was one of the best rubukes against homophobia, disguised as religious freedom, I have ever heard.

and the rest of the answer, which isn't in the clip, is just as good:

But to me, that is the heart of it -- that was the basis of the faith that I grew up in. And it truly is about the preciousness of each and every life. It is about the worth of every human being.

And that I saw this as a matter of faith and saw there were a lot of different people who do a lot of different things, who look different from each other, who sound different from each other, who form different kind of families.

And I know that back in Oklahoma in those days, there weren't many people who were out, but the way I grew up, it was just gradual. It was the two ladies who lived together and it was just a part of what we understood in the area that I grew up.

And the hatefulness, frankly, always really shocked me, especially for people of faith because I think the whole foundation is the worth of every single human being. And I get -- people may make decisions for themselves that are different than the decisions that other people make, but by golly, those are decisions about you. They are not decisions that tell other people what they can and cannot do.

debate appears to be driven by idea of knocking Warren down a peg

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

debate appears to be driven by idea of knocking Warren down a peg

Yep.  She's not parrying or counterpunching very well.

Don't agree with many of her policy ideas.  But I can think of worse things than looking at Gabbard for 4 years.

11 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Is Beto in this still? 

He's going to ban cars