chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

me too.... we get election day off so I have no rush.

I've always gone after work and there has never been a line. I took the day after the election off. I'll be up all night going over the results. 

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I've always gone after work and there has never been a line. I took the day after the election off. I'll be up all night going over the results. 

Crack of dawn.  Won't be able to think of anything else until its done.

I checked the Michigan voter website and saw this: 

"Your clerk has not recorded receiving your AV Application.

You are on the permanent absentee voter list. You will be sent an application for every election."

That means I'm still good to vote in person  right? I don't want issues on election night. 

Not an option in NJ.

As in the primary, all registered voters will receive a mail in ballot. These are being sent early October. When filled out, you can either mail them, or drop them off at ballot boxes in designated areas.

Election day, disabled voters (& I’m guessing they have to be previously noted as such) CAN go to election centers, and cast their vote behind the curtain. 

Those who have received mail ballots can also drop them off on Election Day at these polling places (which will be far fewer than in regular years)

Now, if you didn’t receive your ballot (or lost it, or whatever), you can go to the polling place and fill out a provisional ballot.

I will be mailing my ballot in as soon as it arrives... probably later this week. Have made up my mind on every race.

1 minute ago, smr-nj said:

Not an option in NJ.

As in the primary, all registered voters will receive a mail in ballot. These are being sent early October. When filled out, you can either mail them, or drop them off at ballot boxes in designated areas.

Election day, disabled voters (& I’m guessing they have to be previously noted as such) CAN go to election centers, and cast their vote behind the curtain. 

Those who have received mail ballots can also drop them off on Election Day at these polling places (which will be far fewer than in regular years)

Now, if you didn’t receive your ballot (or lost it, or whatever), you can go to the polling place and fill out a provisional ballot.

Also wanted to add that NJ voters can also track their ballot to confirm when it’s received / counted.

I plan on completing mine immediately, and dropping it into one of the 3 official ballot boxes that are within a 5 mile radius of where I live.

btw, these ballot boxes will be emptied daily, under the supervision of a sheriff, a rep from the DNC and a rep from GOP.

Got my Va drivers license yesterday. Checked the register to vote option. Hopefully I’ll get some notification in the next couple of weeks. I plan on doing the early voting thing.

1 minute ago, smr-nj said:

Not an option in NJ.

For disabled voters we have the options of a mail in ballot which must be requested in advance, or curbside voting where you pull into a designated slot and push a button to summon a poll worker who brings your ballot to you.   We haven’t done either one so I don’t know all the nuts and bolts.  My husband prefers to participate in the normal process.  We don’t usually encounter a line, or much of one.  A long line might be problematic for him.   

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

Practical use of money for election

That's pretty great.

This is what gets me with how this race is covered....

There's just some serious PTSD from 2016. Even I feel it sometimes lol

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

AOC is going to be around for a long time.  

she should work on being more clever than snide though. Snide has a more limited public appeal. Good wit has staying power. cf Reagan vs Dole.

11 hours ago, Oblong said:

Grassley caved. Romney isn’t saying.  Trump will get his nominee confirmed.  I’d bet $100 on it. 

romney says he'll vote on the nominee.

he's a republican with the chance to keep the court for a generation, of course he will.

22 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

I was treated to a couple of Marjorie's ads while taking my son to campus, and, yeah.

We need more God and more guns.  As well as more guns and more God.

i will never vote by mail.  i'll bring a book and wait in line.  i'll vote in person a couple days early to skip the lines.  i'll get up early and be in line when they open. 

but im never trusting my vote to the us postal service.  

how many vote by mail ballots in pennsylvania have they thrown out already?  and you cant vote again.  no thanks.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

romney says he'll vote on the nominee.

he's a republican with the chance to keep the court for a generation, of course he will.

correct. As has been noted before, Romney's issues with Trump are strictly about his personal behavior, he's all on board with Trumpism politically.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

i will never vote by mail.  i'll bring a book and wait in line.  i'll vote in person a couple days early to skip the lines.  i'll get up early and be in line when they open. 

but im never trusting my vote to the us postal service.  

how many vote by mail ballots in pennsylvania have they thrown out already?  and you cant vote again.  no thanks.

lol.  that sounds like i voted three times.

well...i do live in chicago...

Florida has a tracker that tells me when my vote is counted. I'll check it a couple weeks after I mail my vote in. If there's an issue, there are ways to rectify.

23 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

she should work on being more clever than snide though. Snide has a more limited public appeal. Good wit has staying power. cf Reagan vs Dole.

Yeah, that was pretty weak. 

So much of not getting disenfranchised is just about staying on top of things and not getting blindsided. Doesn't make it right, but it is the reality of the situation. It's like life.

44 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

When somebody calls you stupid and makes a spelling error while doing it, snide is fair game.  I think snide works well with her target audience.  She is one of the only politicians that young people will bother voting for.  Also, it is New York, not the Midwest.  

• Like 1