Jump to content
chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Recommended Posts

FanDuel Michigan Sports Betting

FanDuel Michigan $100 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching shortly ( December 2020 or January 2021). Pre-register at FanDuel Sportsbook and get $50 free sports bets + $50 free online casino bets with no deposit necessary. Claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan Now

4 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I heard an argument this weekend that Trump should simply name who he plans on nominating should he win and use that as a rallying cry to get all the anti-trump republicans to find a reason to vote for him, but ultimately, I think you're right.  Republicans sold their soul for this, they will go for it.  Plus, they are looking at what happened with Garland and will see the error of the democrats with that.

Just to note, for every Lindsay Graham quote you'll see saying a Supreme Court nominee should not be put up in a primary year, you'll find every democrat that was around 4 years ago on record saying that it's a shame the republicans won't put Garland up for a vote and tout how the constitution calls for the president to nominate if there is a vacancy, nothing about waiting for the next president.

 

I agree, there's no way they pass this up, but only one party is actually doing contradictory things while the other is saying contradictory things, which if course is a magnitude of difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oblong said:

as I said last week...I had to drive from Dearborn to Madison Heights to get a Biden/Harris sign from the Oakland County dems.  I had to do some serious digging and it was only because I saw a random tweet about their event that someone else tweeted.  If I didn't see that I wouldn't have had a chance. They gave me 2 and a neighbor was excited when I told them I had another.

It shouldn't be hard.  It should take you two searches to get a sign.   I want to support but like being in a bar and I'm at a table...  if I have to walk up to the bar to ask for another beer.... that's bad.  Don't make me ask you to give you something.  

 

I live in a vast sea of Biden/Harris signs.  I feel like I'm going to get singled out as a Trump supporter by people I don't know b/c I don't have one.  I don't know where to get one (admittedly haven't tried much either).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, pfife said:

I live in a vast sea of Biden/Harris signs.  I feel like I'm going to get singled out as a Trump supporter by people I don't know b/c I don't have one.  I don't know where to get one (admittedly haven't tried much either).

Sometimes I feel the same way. I'm a prototypical Trumper, a 60 year old white man. I don’t wear a red hat though and before Trump came along I barely cared about politics. It's just Trump (and his followers) are such cold hearted and horrible people. I like to laugh, smile and have a good time. The only thing I hear out of them is hatred and disgust for every fellow human who doesn't feel the same as they do. Donald wants to divide us so we fight each other while him and his cronies rob the country blind. And he has millions of cult followers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I heard an argument this weekend that Trump should simply name who he plans on nominating should he win and use that as a rallying cry to get all the anti-trump republicans to find a reason to vote for him, but ultimately, I think you're right.  Republicans sold their soul for this, they will go for it.  Plus, they are looking at what happened with Garland and will see the error of the democrats with that.

Just to note, for every Lindsay Graham quote you'll see saying a Supreme Court nominee should not be put up in a primary year, you'll find every democrat that was around 4 years ago on record saying that it's a shame the republicans won't put Garland up for a vote and tout how the constitution calls for the president to nominate if there is a vacancy, nothing about waiting for the next president.

 

Are you really faulting Democrats for not giving their blessing to the Republicans rushing the justice through the system after these same Republicans rammed it right up their asses four years ago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Man, Newaygo is some pretty hardcore Republican territory.... takes some stones to draw that much attention.

See? That's the hate I'm talking about. There's a house about a mile away from me with several Trump signs. Whenever I go past it, I just shake my head and wonder how stupid the people who live there must be. But I would never consider trying to intimidate them. That a felony, I believe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Are you really faulting Democrats for not giving their blessing to the Republicans rushing the justice through the system after these same Republicans rammed it right up their asses four years ago?

No, just pointing out that four years ago democrats, instead of pushing hard, they figured Hillary would win anyway.  So while it's hypocritical for republicans to push through a nominee right now after saying it shouldn't be done 4 years ago, it's also hypocritical of democrats to say the current POTUS should not be able to put up his nominee for a vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Man, Newaygo is some pretty hardcore Republican territory.... takes some stones to draw that much attention.

I love the Bye Don sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not sure I'm buying this one. 

 

I'd go ahead and put a deposit down on it though..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

No, just pointing out that four years ago democrats, instead of pushing hard

wait, what?

Setting aside I think Democrats *did* push hard, what should Democrats have done to make the Republican Senate do their job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden's speech in Manitowoc today is really underscoring how much he's not taking the Midwest for granted.... it's a nice change from four years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’ve got it straight, 8 months out with a lame duck President from the Democratic Party is too close to an election. 45 days out with a Republican President is good.

This sounds like games we used to play as kids where we made up the rules as we went along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Manchin is the most conservative Democrat and voted to confirm Kavanagh. 

Good reading of the political winds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generalissimo Barr’s flunky will make sure they are lost until after the inauguration 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

FanDuel Sportsbook Michigan - Sports Betting is launching in Michigan shortly (December 2020 or January 2021). If you register before it launches you will recieve $50 dollars at their online sportsbook and online casino!

Click Here to claim the FanDuel Michigan for $50 at Online Sportsbook & Casino Pre-registration Bonus Now

Motown Sports Blog



×
×
  • Create New...