chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

7 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Here you go;

20200918_121005.thumb.jpg.b4c78cd3d6aac38afcdf14d7540decd9.jpg

If Biden is smoking pot, maybe the youth will finally vote.  

This is going to lead to an even huger blowout against Trump.

So, yeah...women were already going to push turnout but...

So sad. 

I’m sorry for her , and her family, that she couldn’t have some peaceful time at home, because she was trying to stall the inevitable.

This is awful news. 😢

So, Mitch is going to try to do this in the lame duck session?  He won't be majority leader in January. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

If Susan Collins is ever going to take a stand, now would be the time. 

She is concerned, but the President will learn his lesson.

Our only hope is that Republican senators in trouble, Collins, Gardner, Tillis, McSally along with hopefully sane Republicans like Romney and Murkowski at least don't allow a nutcase to get confirmed. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Our only hope is that Republican senators in trouble, Collins, Gardner, Tillis, McSally along with hopefully sane Republicans like Romney and Murkowski at least don't allow a nutcase to get confirmed. 

the market forces that are at work are that they don't have time to do a grinding confirmation battle before the election. 

9 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

So sad. 

I’m sorry for her , and her family, that she couldn’t have some peaceful time at home, because she was trying to stall the inevitable.

This is awful news. 😢

Yes.  I can’t say totally unexpected given her age and health.  But so very sad.  And kind of uncomfortable to me that so much of the reaction is, “How does this affect/benefit my party.”  No time to grieve a remarkable woman and career.  Whether one agrees with her or not, still a woman worthy of more respect than that.  

Just now, Melody said:

Yes.  I can’t say totally unexpected given her age and health.  But so very sad.  And kind of uncomfortable to me that so much of the reaction is, “How does this affect/benefit my party.”  No time to grieve a remarkable woman and career.  Whether one agrees with her or not, still a woman worthy of more respect than that.  

It's not how it affects my party, it's how it affects my country. So much of our civil liberties we're hinging on an 87 year old woman. Women's reproductive rights are at stake. Millions of people could lose health care. This is a huge loss for the country.