chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

7 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

TL:DR version:

Nobody is obligated (logically or otherwise) to support a proposal that fundamentally can not work, even if said proposal contains some element(s) they agreed with in the past.

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Just now, ewsieg said:

I have no idea what you're talking about here.

Are you not arguing it is hypocritical for people to criticize the Republican approach to eliminating ACA and then figure out how to provide coverage for pre-existing conditions if they supported the Democrats approach in implementing ACA?

If not, what are you arguing?

9 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Beast mode (for Mitt)!

Take note Mormons living in AZ

13 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

good

a wacko, who we are paying to further screw up the federal government's screwed up response to the biggest public health crisis in our history - perfect 2020 story

7 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Are you not arguing it is hypocritical for people to criticize the Republican approach to eliminating ACA and then figure out how to provide coverage for pre-existing conditions if they supported the Democrats approach in implementing ACA?

If not, what are you arguing?

Never mentioned anything was hypocritical, just stated that the approach wasn't much different.

My argument is that the GOP made it part of their platform to change and later repeal ACA but always stated they would address pre-existing conditions and keep those in place.  How?  I don't know, that's not the point.  Nor did I say anyone was obligated to support any GOP legislation. 

7 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

a wacko, who we are paying to further screw up the federal government's screwed up response to the biggest public health crisis in our history - perfect 2020 story

Never been a Grateful Dead fan but its an interesting send off.  Why not tell them to listen to Queensryche's first album?

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

File it under who gives a ****.

Hope so. 

12 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Never mentioned anything was hypocritical, just stated that the approach wasn't much different.

My argument is that the GOP made it part of their platform to change and later repeal ACA but always stated they would address pre-existing conditions and keep those in place.  How?  I don't know, that's not the point.  Nor did I say anyone was obligated to support any GOP legislation. 

I guess I don't understand the point of your argument / statement

32 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Beast mode (for Mitt)!

Not to take any credit away, but Johnson kinda gave Mitt an offramp by going on Wisconsin radio stations and just blatantly saying it was a political hit job. Made it easy.

Uhh, wow.

I guess I sort of understand why Lindsey has been acting desperate of late

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Uhh, wow.

I guess I sort of understand why Lindsey has been acting desperate of late

I cannot even allow myself to think this may happen.

(PLEASE GOD PLEASE HAVE MISS LINDSEY LOSE)

Here's the full results....

Gotta be happy with those ME and SC numbers, but I suspect they are a little aggressive for the Dems

If Trump collapse as I suspect may happen...we may see 1980-like change in the Senate

I'm not getting my hopes up.  Not because I think this stuff is wrong but rather I am wrong about everything in terms of predictions.

I'm kind of with chas on this... I think it's going to be a mess.  

I see a lot of the conservatives I follow on Twitter complaining about the result / comparing Quinnipiac to Rasmussen, but one thing that keeps showing up over and over again in polling (at state and district levels) is Democrats improving significantly in southern states/districts that have a decent balance of POC/College-Educated voters.

South Carolina has a pretty good mix of both.... the Lowcountry in particular (Charleston/Myrtle Beach) is voting more Democratic than in the past. So that will have an effect on the baseline in the state.

Doesn't mean that Trump/Graham are gonna lose (I'd put a LOT of money on them both winning honestly), but it's not surprising to see closer races at all.

This a bit like me telling my wife I’ll clean out the flower beds when I get a chance

In other words it ain’t gonna happen

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Didn't expect to see Collins down 12. 

I think Collins and Harrison are probably both outliers.... Collins moreso though.

In the last few hours (since yesterday) we have seen polls that indicate that Amash' seat might go to a Dem, that Harrison is running neck and neck with Leningrad Lindsay, and Susan Compromised Collins is in serious trouble herownself.

#burnitalldown

Just now, mtutiger said:

I think Collins and Harrison are probably both outliers.... Collins moreso though.

I've seen Harrison close in other polls and I believe Cook rates that race as a toss up. 

I would bet $500 on a Collins loss and Graham win.

I wouldn't bet $5 on a Collins loss and Graham loss.  Graham will be like Beto/Cruz in '18.... 

I don't think Graham will lose. It's still possible. Democrats picked up senate seats in red states like North Dakota and Indiana in 2012. A large win for Biden and I can see a surprise somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I would bet $500 on a Collins loss and Graham win.

I wouldn't bet $5 on a Collins loss and Graham loss.  Graham will be like Beto/Cruz in '18.... 

I could see it being somewhere in the vicinity.

I can see a lot of the criticism of the Maine results..... big outlier, Joe is not up 21 and Gideon is not up double digits. But SC? In a Biden +7-8 environment, , you're probably looking at Trump +7-8 in SC. Q has him at +6.

That's a bit aggressive, but still within the margin of error! Maybe it's the fact that people assume that Graham will run 100% in line with Trump and no ticket splitters exist in modern times?