chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Really shocked by these.  Last time I looked was about a month ago and Biden was a heavy favorite.

bUqt0jX.png

C7OYS1I.png

x7XsrfV.png

Biden's stock in the betting markets is apparently wildly undervalued

26 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Really shocked by these.  Last time I looked was about a month ago and Biden was a heavy favorite.

bUqt0jX.png

C7OYS1I.png

x7XsrfV.png

Just curious what the limits are on these? Do they really want decent sized action or are these props mainly for marketing their site. 

19 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Just curious what the limits are on these? Do they really want decent sized action or are these props mainly for marketing their site. 

Haven't looked but I would guess extremely small limits.  I would be shocked if you could get anything over $10,000.  

53 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Biden's stock in the betting markets is apparently wildly undervalued

Odds are determined by money laid are they not?  Admission up front I have not seen numbers, but if hazarding a guess it would be that net gamblers in the US skew wildly red.

I will be signing these Limited Edition Topps baseball cards at The Corner Ballpark in Detroit Tuesday afternoon from 1 AM to 4 PM. Please practice social distancing norms. There are only 100 cards and the signing fee is $1000 per card.

All proceeds will go to arming LGBTQ Antifa youth militias in hopes of cementing a coalition with the Sharia Law armies, which according to the emails I received from people living in Idaho, have been policing the streets of Dearborn with tanks and armored troop carriers for the past 20 years.

This may be the last chance we’ll ever have to keep America Gay, Communist, and Muslim. Thank you for your support. 

A6C09685-4912-477F-87FB-2C862F9C209F.thumb.png.73bb29a775eddc59c1894c5c16504c2a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

This is a nightmare scenario....

https://www.axios.com/bloomberg-group-trump-election-night-scenarios-a554e8f5-9702-437e-ae75-d2be478d42bb.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

By the numbers: Under one of the group's modeling scenarios, Trump could hold a projected lead of 408-130 electoral votes on election night, if only 15% of the vote by mail (VBM) ballots had been counted.

• Once 75% of mail ballots were counted, perhaps four days later, the lead could flip to Biden's favor.
  • This particular modeling scenario portrays Biden as ultimately winning a massive victory, 334-204.
  • The methodology, described in detail below, was based in part on polling from FiveThirtyEight in August. 
  • The ultimate results may well sit somewhere between these low-end and high-end scenarios and will also be impacted by who actually votes, and how voters' views about their options change over the coming weeks.

The other side: “The news media should get out of the business of predicting the future,” Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said in response.

Listen to the interview..

3 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

It won't take Florida 4 days to count all their ballots tho

24 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

I saw that last night and really the networks need to be disciplined to just not make any calls.... the "issue" isn't counting votes but the need to have a conclusion on election night and that's not necessary at all.  This isn't a TV show.  Just show the results as "current status".  Nothing is official until all of the votes are counted and certified anyway so there's no harm in not knowing right away.  In the past absentee/mail votes were treated like throwaways when it shouldn't have been.  They could even preempt it all by announcing ahead of time "unless there's an extreme outcome we will not be making any calls until mail votes are counted".   

States could help too just by not even releasing any totals until it's over.  I know we'd never do that.

19 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I saw that last night and really the networks need to be disciplined to just not make any calls.... the "issue" isn't counting votes but the need to have a conclusion on election night and that's not necessary at all.  This isn't a TV show.  Just show the results as "current status".  Nothing is official until all of the votes are counted and certified anyway so there's no harm in not knowing right away.  In the past absentee/mail votes were treated like throwaways when it shouldn't have been.  They could even preempt it all by announcing ahead of time "unless there's an extreme outcome we will not be making any calls until mail votes are counted".   

States could help too just by not even releasing any totals until it's over.  I know we'd never do that.

I'm not sure that the states have discretion over counties, but even if they didn't, you could just have a consortium of counties in each state that withhold.

For instance, even if Trump were hypothetically leading Michigan on Election Night, the ability to declare any sort of victory loses it's punch if 0 votes are in from Wayne, Oakland, Macomb and Washtenaw.

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

When I read this yesterday, it made me sick, sad, and really angry.

Top grade abhorrent. And , evidently, unashamedly so.