chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

1 minute ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I don't actually want to picture this in my mind...

However,

I do like the visceral representation.

Metaphors are like an owl with a viking helmet. 

14 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Metaphors are like an owl with a viking helmet. 

Well now you're just trying to be funny...

But,

I did crack a smile.

3 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Well now you're just trying to be funny...

But,

I did crack a smile.

And Romad cracked a simile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

I'm embarassed to say that until recent history, like within 10 years, I didn't know of Hoover's involvement in restoring Europe after WWII.  It's a very fascinating story.  Truman called him into action and he saved the continent... 

I've been watching a lot of World War documentaries the past week or two. I had no idea on Hoover.

Although... I'm seeing that Hoover did very significant work after WW I for Wilson, including both infrastructure and food relief programs, and after funding stopped a privately funded Children's Relief (food) Fund, and massive food relief sent to the Soviet Union during their self-inflicted famine... possibly saving millions of lives. And after WW II, not quite so much. A bunch of reports and a (not insignificant) school meals program in Germany.

22 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

This is really something.  Trump is claiming that the confederate flag decision led to bad ratings.   Which argues that he thinks [insert something] about the Confederate flag.  

23 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Does anybody on either side really care about Columbus anymore?

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Does anybody on either side really care about Columbus anymore?

Amy Walter might have been thinking George Washington.  

9 hours ago, Buddha said:

only because it appears he is going to lose.  if the virus dissipates, the economy comes back, and trump begins to gain popularity, most who are hedging their bets would flock back.

tis the nature of the beast.

Maybe he shouldn't have attacked the peaceful protestors for his photo op.

I'm not religious, but I love pics of that statue, I'd love to see it in person some time.

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I've been watching a lot of World War documentaries the past week or two. I had no idea on Hoover.

Although... I'm seeing that Hoover did very significant work after WW I for Wilson, including both infrastructure and food relief programs, and after funding stopped a privately funded Children's Relief (food) Fund, and massive food relief sent to the Soviet Union during their self-inflicted famine... possibly saving millions of lives. And after WW II, not quite so much. A bunch of reports and a (not insignificant) school meals program in Germany.

Our military quarters in Germany were designed and built immediately after WW2 to include maids’ quarters usually on the top floor.  Families (including enlisted) were expected to hire maids to provide jobs and housing to young single women after the war.  By the mid sixties when we moved there, the German economy had recovered sufficiently that most maids quarters were used for storage or temporary housing.

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

that contradicts what I've studied about WWII..... although there was some limits on what he could do physically due to his age and the conditions of Europe after the war... but he played a very critical role in the planning and logistics of getting people immediate help to fend off mass starvation across the continent.

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

Smh

not all spokespeople are created equal.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Smh

She seems very subpar to me. I wonder if she is willing to give up her right to vote as the founders intended?

• Thanks 1

Could we take all these people that want to go back to 1776 or 1792 or 1860 or 1952 and maybe just give them a couple of border states -- IDK, maybe Tx and LA or N and S Carolina -  so they could just leave the rest of us alone to live in 2020?

13 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Could we take all these people that want to go back to 1776 or 1792 or 1860 or 1952 and maybe just give them a couple of border states -- IDK, maybe Tx and LA or N and S Carolina -  so they could just leave the rest of us alone to live in 2020?

Give them Alaska. We need them quarantined from the rest of us. 

11 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not happening lol

LOL - even if they did, who is the convention going to put up in his place? Pence? Yeah - that will save the GOP Senate.......not

facts is facts: As of today there is no GOP without DJT.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

LOL - even if they did, who is the convention going to put up in his place? Pence? Yeah - that will save the GOP Senate.......not

facts is facts: As of today there is no GOP without DJT.

They could try Mittens again.