chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Apropos of this, I think there is another way to look at Trump doubling down on the explicitly racist approaches. When he ran, he demonized immigrants but especially Muslims. And it worked for him. People can be worried about Islamic terrorism and the mess in the ME and the tar baby it has been for US foreign policy without  it necessarily having domestic racist overtones. But to Trump, all non-white, non-Christian people are the same in their otherness from him. So he just doesn't see why going after *Americans* of color should play any worse than going after ISIS. He doesn't see any difference. It's his playbook and it should work. In his mind all POC are disinherited from America,  just like AOC and the other American born targets of his call to 'go home' were in '16.

Isn’t it beyond sad that I’m reading this, and nodding in agreement. 

This is how he views AOC. This is how he views anyone not agreeing with him. The enemy. Period.

Tantalizing...

This does lend support to COVID-is-how-his-support-cratered

11 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

W....T....F....

The debates are going to be a debacle for the GOP. He has to find some way to back out.

Debates will not matter.  He will serve red meat and his base will eat it up.

Something, something, have to keep our heritage.

Something, something racially insensitive at best.

Something, something Obama and Hillary.  Drain the Swamp!

That would be a wonderful outcome.   We shall see.

Thoughts: 

• In a scenario like 412 EVs wouldn't one of Nebraska's EVs go to Biden?  
  • Missouri is pretty racist outside its metros but it has two major metro areas which if the 412 EV scenarios were happening might drag it back to purple. 

20 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

That would be a wonderful outcome.   We shall see.

Thoughts: 

• In a scenario like 412 EVs wouldn't one of Nebraska's EVs go to Biden?  
  • Missouri is pretty racist outside its metros but it has two major metro areas which if the 412 EV scenarios were happening might drag it back to purple. 

1. Yes. If anything, Omaha's EV is more likely to go to Biden than states like Texas, Ohio or Iowa are.

2. In the scenario above, unlikely as it is, I'm guessing there are multiple states we aren't talking about much or don't get much attention (ie. MO, MT, KS, AK) that are approaching competitiveness. 

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

1. Yes. If anything, Omaha's EV is more likely to go to Biden than states like Texas, Ohio or Iowa are.

2. In the scenario above, unlikely as it is, I'm guessing there are multiple states we aren't talking about much or don't get much attention (ie. MO, MT, KS, AK) that are approaching competitiveness. 

As the race stands now, with Trump flailing away incoherently, trying to appeal only to an unattractive-looking base of rubes and racists, the best cases look pretty good.  If he somehow fixes some Russian-booger on Biden or some helpful war with China happens to make him suddenly appear presidential (I can't even imagine how this guy ever threads his camel through that needle) maybe the overall disintegration stops.   Right now, Trump looks like he's heading for epic defeat.  

One scenario where a good outcome does not occur:  Biden does anything to validate the fear that the Dems are anything but centrist and safe.

Kanye West candidacy indicates that the insane millionaire african american vote is up for grabs

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Kanye West candidacy indicates that the insane millionaire african american vote is up for grabs

He's trying to sell an album.

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

He's trying to sell an album.

Ok

Trump won’t debate. He doesn’t feel he has to. He’s the reigning champeen. As far as he’s concerned, he’s already proven himself, so there’s nothing in it for him.

Plus, I don’t think President Loose Cannon’s team wants him to debate, either. The debate audience is an audience he cannot control.

21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not sure how accurate this one is.

I like how he describes the odds...(ie. 30% chance of winning is the same as a MLB ballplayer getting a hit)

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I like how he describes the odds...(ie. 30% chance of winning is the same as a MLB ballplayer getting a hit)

non-Aubrey Huff player

my first thought is.... can Ye even get on the ballots?  Seems pretty late in the game.  Of course, Taniel is on it already

The GOP leader admits america needs saving...... eesh.

58 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not sure how accurate this one is.

I'm surprised Trump has as great as a 12.2% shot as it is.

tammy duckworth goes on cnn and mumbles her way through an answer on whether we need to tear down george washington statues.  talks about stealing lakota land and listening to all voices.

incoherent answer.  i live in illinois and have seen her debate on tv.  she can sometimes regurgitate a talking point, but is very unimpressive.  there is nothing she brings to the table other than her backstory.

i hope biden doesnt pick her.

5 minutes ago, Buddha said:

tammy duckworth goes on cnn and mumbles her way through an answer on whether we need to tear down george washington statues.  talks about stealing lakota land and listening to all voices.

incoherent answer.  i live in illinois and have seen her debate on tv.  she can sometimes regurgitate a talking point, but is very unimpressive.  there is nothing she brings to the table other than her backstory.

She's not dark enough. The progressives who bemoan Trumpers for voting based on race are demanding a black woman. 

13 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

She's not dark enough. The progressives who bemoan Trumpers for voting based on race are demanding a black woman. 

id rather have elizabeth warren than tammy duckworth and i hate elizabeth warren.

20 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Interesting.  You do want someone in that role that you can imagine as president.  Seems like maybe she doesn't pass that test, at least not yet.

2 hours ago, pfife said:

The GOP leader admits america needs saving...... eesh.

Dear, Kev.  I don't know if Biden is a good presidential candidate.  But I definitely know that Trump is not.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

I've heard it suggested that her performance Downstate in 2016 (relative to Clinton) has as much to do with Mark Kirk being a squishy moderate North Shore R as it did anything Tammy did. FWIW

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Also, what does that even mean?

Believe in what, exactly?

I'm perfectly happy not to believe in Kevin McCarthy's idea of America.