chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Any halfway persuadable voters were watching Hamilton on the Disney Channel last night.

A much better performance than what the Bronzed One could give

This is the first Biden-produced ad of the cycle I've enjoyed. Up to now, Lincoln Project has been killing it, but a solid ad by Team Biden.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, Motown Bombers said:

"institutional racism persists"?  lol.  come on.

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I feel like even if they were, nothing was meant to reach them in that speech, it was just more basefeed.

he is going to be the first president in modern history to try to get re-elected without running either on a record or a program for his second term. In 2016 he at least talked about a program: immigration reform, job repatriation, infrastructure, even replacing ACA. He's just given himself over to complete vacuity now.

34 minutes ago, CMRivdog said:

Any halfway persuadable voters were watching Hamilton on the Disney Channel last night.

A much better performance than what the Bronzed One could give

I guess 90% of the Hamilton fans are Dems already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

"institutional racism persists"?  lol.  come on.

It's may be a little tired semantically, but OTOH, aren't voter restriction efforts in Red states enough evidence that it is a true statement?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It's may be a little tired semantically, but OTOH, aren't voter restriction efforts in Red states enough evidence that it is a true statement?

institutional racism persisted all the way through the obama administration and ted lieu didnt say **** about it.

of ALL the myriad ways in which trump is a complete failure, ending institutional racism is pretty far down the list of things he has control over.

13 minutes ago, Buddha said:

institutional racism persisted all the way through the obama administration and ted lieu didnt say **** about it.

of ALL the myriad ways in which trump is a complete failure, ending institutional racism is pretty far down the list of things he has control over.

Trump has done a lot for people of color.  Before Trump, white people pretended things were getting better.  Because of Trump,  we know that they aren't.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

so he shouldn't at least be making some attempt to address it? After all, like Nixon going to China, Trump is more uniquely positioned to address white america on race issues than Obama ever could be.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

interesting 

Schumer who picked McGrath over Booker.  Pelosi who had the fued with the Squad.

39 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Schumer who picked McGrath over Booker.  Pelosi who had the fued with the Squad.

Newt’s being melodramatic because his constituency responds positively to melodrama. 

23 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Newt’s being melodramatic because his constituency responds positively to melodrama. 

Snort!  That's gold. 

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

interesting 

This is why I voted for Rubio in 16.

39 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

This is why I voted for Rubio in 16.

Would you do it again?

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Would you do it again?

If he were Trump's or Trump Jr or any other Trumpkin's primary opponent in 2024 I would vote for the most centerist candidate from either party who stands the greatest chance of beating Trump.  I doubt Rubio fits that description.  He's lost all manner of luster in 3 years.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

so he shouldn't at least be making some attempt to address it? After all, like Nixon going to China, Trump is more uniquely positioned to address white america on race issues than Obama ever could be.

all of obama's efforts to address it apparently didnt work.  

no matter what trump or obama did, "institutional racism" as ted lieu defines it would still exist in america.  him bringing it up is just to score him some virtue points.

Edited by Buddha
to take out what might be seen as an excuse for trump's racism

42 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Would you do it again?

No

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

If he were Trump's or Trump Jr or any other Trumpkin's primary opponent in 2024 I would vote for the most centerist candidate from either party who stands the greatest chance of beating Trump.  I doubt Rubio fits that description.  He's lost all manner of luster in 3 years.

It's a shame it took that long to land with you, but at least now you know.

22 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It's a shame it took that long to land with you, but at least now you know.

Marco is just a bit past his time. Maybe 20-30 yrs ago he could have moved to the midwest or MA and been a moderate Republican star. Instead, today in the South he is a fish out of the water of a political movement he he didn't have the sense to get clear of before it ruined him. I guess he thought he could trade on his ethnicity in FLA, and I guess you can't deny it worked as far as it  went. 

11 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

W....T....F....

The debates are going to be a debacle for the GOP. He has to find some way to back out.

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

Apropos of this, I think there is another way to look at Trump doubling down on the explicitly racist approaches. When he ran, he demonized immigrants but especially Muslims. And it worked for him. People can be worried about Islamic terrorism and the mess in the ME and the tar baby it has been for US foreign policy without  it necessarily having domestic racist overtones. But to Trump, all non-white, non-Christian people are the same in their otherness from him. So he just doesn't see why going after *Americans* of color should play any worse than going after ISIS. He doesn't see any difference. It's his playbook and it should work. In his mind all POC are disinherited from America,  just like AOC and the other American born targets of his call to 'go home' were in '16.