chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

from Paul Waldman

Consider the money. Parscale said on Twitter (combining the campaign and the Republican National Committee’s fundraising) that the Trump reelection effort has raised $947 million so far and has $295 million in the bank. Which sounds impressive until you realize it means they’ve already spent more than $650 million.

On what? Some of it was on making those 45 million voter contacts. A lot was on ads, both on TV and social media. A lot went to consultants, many of whom will be buying vacation homes come November. But the inescapable fact is that they’ve spent more than Hillary Clinton did in all of 2016, only to put themselves behind by 10 points.

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

from Paul Waldman

They bought TV Ads in DC, a district Hillary won with 91% of vote, just to appease Trump. 

I would find it hard to believe he would lead in Kansas but trail in Montana. I would think he would lose Montana before Kansas.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would find it hard to believe he would lead in Kansas but trail in Montana. I would think he would lose Montana before Kansas.

Either way, it'd probably take a +16-18 Biden margin for either of those states to fall. Trump would be losing pretty much every competitive state.

The leak of those numbers has to be strategic... just not sure what purpose 

If those are truly the numbers, guys will not just jump ship, but will push down little old ladies in their way to do it.

That will be the best barometer a landslide is likely.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If those are truly the numbers, guys will not just jump ship, but will push down little old ladies in their way to do it.

Unattributed reporting today that GOP senators will "walk away from the Admin after Labor Day" if the polls don't improve. LOL - where are they going to go? If there was any other winning place a GOP Senator could be, they would already be there.

I can't see any non-Trump voter being conned by Senatorial epiphanies at this point.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Either way, it'd probably take a +16-18 Biden margin for either of those states to fall. Trump would be losing pretty much every competitive state.

The leak of those numbers has to be strategic... just not sure what purpose 

You read story after story about the tension between Kushner and the political pros (such as they are). The Trump 'campaign' is just as chaotic as everything else around Trump. Bad campaign press puts Trump in a vise between his need to prove his manhood and dominate the situation by taking heads, and the box he put himself in by letting the family into the West Wing - he can not fire Jared. ....Well he can, but he can't make him go away!

It's kinda delicious really.

the 2024 GOP primary is going to be lit.   So far we have Kanye and Tucker Carlson.

Just donated a little something to Gary Peters. I'll have to start spreading the wealth out of state. 

I've been donating in all 50 states.  It goes without saying that I'm going to expect some favours.

13 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

They bought TV Ads in DC, a district Hillary won with 91% of vote, just to appease Trump. 

Perhaps, but also to target people working inside the Beltway.

12 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Will those little old ladies have walkers? Will clowns be pushed down, too?

Well, it is an inferno in there. An inferno.

The Michigan Secretary of State has now added the ability to apply for an absentee ballot online.     It's super easy to apply for absentee ballot now!

https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/avapplication

No way a Republic party SOS would have ever done this.   Absentee vote accordingly.