chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

12 minutes ago, Oblong said:

6100 people. 

Can we multiply 6100 x 6100 and get be the number of cases of COVID in 2 weeks in Tulsa and within 6 hours of driving of Tulsa?

Yes, I know that's 37m people

Granny on TikTok is taking some curtain calls, but were her actions relevant?  Do you even need a ticket into one of these ****-shows?  I've seen conflicting reports about that.  Some reports suggest that you just need to be in the first 20,000 to show up. In any case, all she really did was give a bunch of personal data to Brad Parscale.  Congratulations.

It's so wonderful that he couldn't even get 10,000, after lying about 800,000 inquiries...those never existed.  That empty parking lot in the overflow area is so beautiful.

So a bunch of Tik Tok users have them info. I doubt it sways one vote.   Those kids don’t use email. 

7 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Granny on TikTok is taking some curtain calls, but were her actions relevant?  Do you even need a ticket into one of these ****-shows?  I've seen conflicting reports about that.  Some reports suggest that you just need to be in the first 20,000 to show up. In any case, all she really did was give a bunch of personal data to Brad Parscale.  Congratulations.

It's so wonderful that he couldn't even get 10,000, after lying about 800,000 inquiries...those never existed.  That empty parking lot in the overflow area is so beautiful.

They are certainly routinely overbooked. I went to see Obama speak in 2016. A colleague who is actually active in the Democratic Party could not get in because of the line. We both had "tickets".

It was fun. A charismatic speaker who had had 9 or 10 years to polish his delivery and lines. "Obamacare has been so successful that pretty soon the Republicans are going to stop calling it that."

Of course I was checking her twitter feed to see if she had done anything yet.  She has to work on these so I wouldn't expect it that soon but still

14 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

so good

do they know that the death star was defeated by a bunch of kids?

its such bad metaphor in so many ways

Just now, pfife said:

its such bad metaphor in so many ways

The Death Star was defeated by the inevitable social forces driven by technological change caused by engineers who were merely riding the course of plodding advancements in their knowledge.  Luke, Jyn Erso, Han Solo, Leia were not relevant to that change and their statues should be torn down.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

huh weird GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER trended overnight, I wonder how that happened

they should get a midnight shift over there

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

The Death Star was defeated by the inevitable social forces driven by technological change caused by engineers who were merely riding the course of plodding advancements in their knowledge.  Luke, Jyn Erso, Han Solo, Leia were not relevant to that change and their statues should be torn down.

Also, Rogue One is the best Star was movie made since Empire Strikes Back.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Also, Rogue One is the best Star was movie made since Empire Strikes Back.

Agree.  Maybe I put a new hope above it just for being first... but other than that.... 

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

What an accomplishment 

I would be more impressed if he did that at a rally in Flint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Agree.  Maybe I put a new hope above it just for being first... but other than that.... 

The Mandalorian is very good as well.  I've liked all the non-main series Star Wars content they have allowed people to do.  I mean Solo wasn't as bad as the last two of the main series.  Basically, that was a caper movie: a Genre movie within the Star Wars canon.  

If protesters kept thousands of people out of his rally, than he's basically saying he can't even maintain law and order at his own rally in a ruby red state of all places.