chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

What an ad...

well, good  that you and Romad thought it was good. Didn't hit me but's that's fine. I'm not really the target audience anyway! 

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

What an ad...

I hate political ads, but that one is powerful.  

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

There have been some protests and efforts to stop the building of Mosques in Sterling Heights. They don't want it to become another Dearborn. 

Also some sectarian issues going on as Sterling Heights has a large Chaldean population so they have a beef with the Muslims....  not just redneck or hillbillies but fellow middle easterners getting Tribal.

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I hope NC voters reward him accordingly

21 hours ago, Buddha said:

... think much of the world has viewed us as nouveau riche, bible thumping, gun toting, violent morons for a long time.

Yes.

Says my French Brother-in-Law.

3 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Also some sectarian issues going on as Sterling Heights has a large Chaldean population so they have a beef with the Muslims....  not just redneck or hillbillies but fellow middle easterners getting Tribal.

I lot of them voted for Trump too. It's a swing area and one I can see Biden winning. North Macomb is Trump territory and South Macomb is solid blue. That middle swath is a big swing district. 

I seem to recall that Pompeo missed the deadline to register for the KS Senate primary

7 minutes ago, Oblong said:

yeah, that one is still raw in this generation. A large number of Arab Christians are here because Islamists forced them out of their homes in the ME as Islamic nationalism began to grow (and the old Ottoman tolerance faded)  after WWII but mostly after ~1970.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

this should be fun. Chaos President.

So, how long until the US military refuses to allow Trump's extra constitutional moves and he has to rely on Putin's security contractors to say, put down the "insurrection" in North Carolina which has refused him his RNC convention.

Don't tell me it hasn't crossed the mind of someone in that white house.

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

So, how long until the number of US military refuses to allow Trump's extra constitutional moves

too long already

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

too long already

I had to edit what I wrote.  My thought got garbled.  Basically was thinking that its a non-zero chance that Trump would try to rely on help...perhaps covert help, from Putin's goons.

11 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

I seem to recall that Pompeo missed the deadline to register for the KS Senate primary

the guy who was supposed to put it in the mail had to walk the dog first and ended up late.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Well done

I guess Monmouth will have a significant poll out tomorrow (they are one of the A+ rated polling outfits).   Prediction:  strong movement toward Biden. 

Put a pelt on the wall for Evan and the good folks in Iowa. 

8 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Hmmm......  Relocating to Iowa?