chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Progressives: Trumpers are racist for voting based on race.
Also Progressives: We won't vote unless the VP is black. 

18 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Amy Klobuchar declined to prosecute officer at center of George Floyd's death after previous conduct complaints

This has to DQ Klobuchar right? The Biden campaign couldn't possibly be so tone deaf and dumb to pick her after all this could they? What kind of message would you send to African Americans if you both don't pick a black VP and then pick someone who declined to prosecute the officer involved in the death/murder of George Floyd.

In her potential defense, a prosecutor can't get very far ahead of the community. It is pointless for a prosecutor to bring charges when conviction is impossible. One of the aspects of how white Hennepin county is that the officer would likely get a white jury with at least the one person needed to prevent conviction of a cop for actions against a POC regardless of the evidence. I have no idea if that figured the cases in question but it sure could have. That said, the point is probably too subtle for US politics to absorb.

It's easy to say bring the case and lose because it was the right thing to do, it's still a big ask of a DA.

21 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Amy Klobuchar declined to prosecute officer at center of George Floyd's death after previous conduct complaints

This has to DQ Klobuchar right? The Biden campaign couldn't possibly be so tone deaf and dumb to pick her after all this could they? What kind of message would you send to African Americans if you both don't pick a black VP and then pick someone who declined to prosecute the officer involved in the death/murder of George Floyd.

What Buddha said....

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Progressives: Trumpers are racist for voting based on race.
Also Progressives: We won't vote unless the VP is black. 

I don't know that progressives are saying that. A black VP is about turning out POC, not progressives. I think progressives (regardless of race) want assurances from the Biden Administration that they will government from the left and not the 1990's version of Joe Biden in the center. Picking a progressive VP gives those assurances. If you have both a black and progressive VP (Ayanna Presley) then you get the best of both worlds.

While we're on the subject though.

Centrists: Jill Stein cost Hillary Clinton the election.

Also Centrists: Shut up and show up, if the country wanted a progressive in the White House Bernie woulda beat Biden.

2 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't know that progressives are saying that. A black VP is about turning out POC, not progressives. I think progressives (regardless of race) want assurances from the Biden Administration that they will government from the left and not the 1990's version of Joe Biden in the center. Picking a progressive VP gives those assurances. If you have both a black and progressive VP (Ayanna Presley) then you get the best of both worlds.

Also Centrists: Shut up and show up, if the country wanted a progressive in the White House Bernie woulda beat Biden.

Voters voted for centrists. Not progressives. Progressive voters didn't show up for their own candidates. Black voters overwhelmingly chose Biden. Voters don't want an inexperienced VP like Presley. 

I'm also not sure anyone blamed Jill Stein. It was pushed in this thread that blacks won't be excited enough to vote unless their is a black VP. Here's a thought, why not a Hispanic VP? There are more Hispanics in the US than blacks. 

She was a long shot. Has a good reputation though.

This is what a party that knows the game is up does

5 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

You should stop thinking the country thinks like you.  If the country thought like you, they would have probably voted for more candidates you like.  

Also, what did Kloubachar fail to prosecute the officer for?  Do we know yet?

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

This is what a party that knows the game is up does

You are correct.

So is Senator Graham.  As someone who deals with Courts for a living, I fully endorse his plan.  

If trump wins Minnesota, you can thank that stupid freaking cop who decided to put his knee on the throat of a guy and kill him.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/american-political-science-review/article/agenda-seeding-how-1960s-black-protests-moved-elites-public-opinion-and-voting/136610C8C040C3D92F041BB2EFC3034C

Armed black people = Scared white people voting Republican.

Non-violent protests = white people voting for democrats and liberals.

You all are very cavalier about how this will turn out in November.  I hope you're right.

56 minutes ago, Buddha said:

You should stop thinking the country thinks like you.  If the country thought like you, they would have probably voted for more candidates you like.  

Also, what did Kloubachar fail to prosecute the officer for?  Do we know yet?

Well clearly enough people do to make an impact on the Democratic party. If you believe that Jill Stein was a factor in costing Hillary the election then maybe picking a progressive Vice President isn't such a terrible idea.

Again, on the Klobuchar issue, are voters going to make a careful and nuanced decision on the situation or are they going to react with emotion and potentially be upset. I believe many will act with or without all the facts, and vote based on their emotional reaction regardless of what actually occurred.

44 minutes ago, Buddha said:

The paper is well taken...

Although there was 1992.

Romad will appreciate this: Stuart Stevens has joined the Lincoln project to defeat the GOP President.

(Yeah - the chief strategist for the 2012 GOP presidential campaign)

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Romad will appreciate this: Stuart Stevens has joined the Lincoln project to defeat the GOP President.

I'm confused.  Did he join in 2012? ?

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

My wife pointed this out to me.  Could Pierre Delecto be far behind?

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/american-political-science-review/article/agenda-seeding-how-1960s-black-protests-moved-elites-public-opinion-and-voting/136610C8C040C3D92F041BB2EFC3034C

You all are very cavalier about how this will turn out in November.  I hope you're right.

Authoritarian POTUS is going to overplay his hand

edit:  "performative authoritarian" POTUS is going to overplay his hand.

Its Friday, friday, getting down on Friday

Just heard something.  Pompeo has until Monday to get into the KS Senate race.