chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

Take votes from Trump...that would help Biden.   If the calculation somehow indicates it would hurt Biden then he shouldn't. 

I find it hard to believe Amash pulls any Trump voter that hasn't already left him, while he would provide a vehicle for right leaning independents to avoid having to hold their nose and vote for a Dem.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I find it hard to believe Amash pulls any Trump voter that hasn't already left him, while he would provide a vehicle for right leaning independents to avoid having to hold their nose and vote for a Dem.

I talked to my next door neighbor who agreed with me that Trump had to go but couldn't seem to vote for Biden.  He seemed to think Mark Cuban was going to get into the race. 

I think a guy like that votes for Trump eventually. 

4 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

I talked to my next door neighbor who agreed with me that Trump had to go but couldn't seem to vote for Biden.  He seemed to think Mark Cuban was going to get into the race. 

I think a guy like that votes for Trump eventually. 

We have the same issue here with Momentum loon spuds claiming that they'll refuse to support Starmer as Labour leader.

I've voted Green, for example, in the past. On principle. But there are times when any vote for anyone other than a main candidate is, essentially, a vote for someone hideous like Trump. In this case, principles are worth nothing - any vote for anyone other than Biden is essentially a vote for Trump. Any abstention is a vote for Trump.

"For safe sex we practice the 'A' word"

'Anal?"

"Abstinence"

"Oh yeah, right"

Judicial Watch announced today it filed two Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits against the United States Department of State relating to Burisma Holdings. The first lawsuit seeks records of communications from the US Embassy in Kyiv related to Burisma. The second lawsuit seeks records related to a January 19, 2016 meeting at the White House that included Ukrainian prosecutors, embassy officials and CIA employee Eric Ciaramella, who reportedly worked on Ukraine issues while on detail to both the Obama and Trump White Houses (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:20-cv-000229)) and (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:20-cv-000239)). Ciaramella is widely reported as the person who filed the whistleblower complaint that triggered the impeachment proceedings. His name reportedly was “raised privately in impeachment depositions, according to officials with direct knowledge of the proceedings, as well as in at least one open hearing held by a House committee not involved in the impeachment inquiry.”

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/judicial-watch-files-two-new-lawsuits-against-state-department-on-biden-burisma-scandal-and-alleged-whistleblower-contacts-on-ukraine/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=press_release

Judicial Watch announced today it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit for records about the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor after then-Vice President Joe Biden threatened to withhold aid. The lawsuit was filed yesterday against the U.S. Department of State (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of State (No. 1:19-cv-02893)).

The suit was filed after the State Department failed to respond to a May 7, 2019, FOIA request seeking access to the following records:

1.       Any and all records regarding, concerning, or related to Viktor Shokin’s investigation of Mykola Zolchevsky and Shokin’s resignation at Ukraine’s Prosecutor General.

2.       Any and all records of communication between any official, employee, or representative of the Department of State and any official, employee, or representative of the Office of the Vice President regarding Viktor Shokin.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-releases/judicial-watch-sues-state-department-for-records-on-firing-of-biden-ukraine-prosecutor/

31 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yay, crappy memes.

The most civilized way to conduct political discourse in this country.

His trailing in the national polls kinda reflects what a horrible person he is.  His continuous bad behavior in these daily ego trips just confirms what the vast majority of the country know about him. 

Why is he thinking about that during a pandemic?

32 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Why is he thinking about that during a pandemic?

Because he isn't sick.

Still a lot of crap to come from the Trump campaign that will prove that people can be ****ty.

30 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Still a lot of crap to come from the Trump campaign that will prove that people can be ****ty.

It was a pathetic bounce too.  Favorability ratings almost always soar during a crisis.  There is little question that the majority of Americans think Trump is awful. The question is will they vote? Trumpers worship Trump and will consider it an honor to vote for their cult leader.  On the other hand, the Democrats have another bland uninspiring choice.  Will they vote?  

30 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It was a pathetic bounce too.  Favorability ratings almost always soar during a crisis.  There is little question that the majority of Americans think Trump is awful. The question is will they vote? Trumpers worship Trump and will consider it an honor to vote for their cult leader.  On the other hand, the Democrats have another bland uninspiring choice.  Will they vote?  

what I am seriously worried about is what happens if Trump's egomania is somehow pierced deeply enough that he begins to believe he is going to lose in November. I really don't think there is any kind scheme, no matter what kind of disaster it could cause, that he might not undertake to try to move the election back into his favor.

The safest place for America to be is with Trump still  thinking he's winning while he's losing.

11 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

what I am seriously worried about is what happens if Trump's egomania is somehow pierced deeply enough that he begins to believe he is going to lose in November. I really don't think there is any kind scheme, no matter what kind of disaster it could cause, that he might not undertake to try to move the election back into his favor.

The safest place for America to be is with Trump still  thinking he's winning while he's losing.

I'm worried about what happens if Trump loses and is a lame duck for two months?