chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

I have a feeling he will drop out. Generally you don't say you are re-assessing the campaign and then come back and continue the campaign but this is Bernie Sanders so who knows. 

20 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

As soon as Sanders drops out, Biden is the de facto leader of your country.  He should make Presidential speeches to pass along factual  information and inspire hope, and just ignore Trump.  Don't even campaign.  Let Bloomberg's ad machine do that. 

I. LOVE. This idea!

OK, so: suppose Joe Biden wins the nomination and let's say, for ****s and grins, brings Kamala aboard as his running mate. Shortly thereafter, Joe dies of whatever. How do they determine the D nominee afterward?

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

OK, so: suppose Joe Biden wins the nomination and let's say, for ****s and grins, brings Kamala aboard as his running mate. Shortly thereafter, Joe dies of whatever. How do they determine the D nominee afterward?

I'd vote for a dead man versus Trump.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

“Player to be named later”.

👍

10 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Yeah, I don't see the problem here. 

39 minutes ago, chasfh said:

OK, so: suppose Joe Biden wins the nomination and let's say, for ****s and grins, brings Kamala aboard as his running mate. Shortly thereafter, Joe dies of whatever. How do they determine the D nominee

Screenshot_20200318-201757_Google.jpg

It's a stressful time.  He is trying to weigh a bunch of things at once and the decisions are weightier than anything I have ever had to contemplate, let alone be responsible for.  And I get the sense he takes it as seriously as one should, independent of his political views.

I know y'all want him to bow out, and I get that, and agree with it.  But from his perspective, surely he is trying to get concessions out of Biden before he bows out, otherwise he gets nothing out of this run, which is going to be his last.

In any event, I don't hold that exchange against him.  I can only imagine his state of mind right now.

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

You know what's funny?  Some people think that you are kidding.

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

It's a stressful time.  He is trying to weigh a bunch of things at once.

I know y'all want him to bow out, and I get that, but he is trying to get the most out of Biden before that.

In any event, I don't hold that exchange against him.

I guess it just seems to me that he never does anything at all without considering his own interests first, and enhancing his brand, and unfortunately the long term effect on the causes that he supports is detrimental.  This would be a great time to drop out and provide some badly needed leadership clarity, but he won't do it until he evaluates how that plays out for him personally.  

I think the vast majority of people with serious Presidential aspirations are like that.

You don't run if you aren't looking out for number one.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I think the vast majority of people with serious Presidential aspirations are like that.

It was over for Bernie Sanders a while ago. Buttigieg and Klobuchar dropped out when they had a better chance at the time as Sanders does now. On top of that, him extending a campaign he can't win is putting people in danger by making them go and vote. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Definitely yes.  You could phrase that differently and say "if you seek the highest political office, there is something wrong with you." 

These are interesting times though, Bernie should realize that he could effectively end Trump's presidency right now, today.  Get behind Biden right now, send Biden and his VP out there to make Presidential appearances, so that by November people will want to re-elect Biden.

I feel comfortable saying that this November we will elect #46.  The needle didn’t have to move much. 

Whoa, wait ... do we gotta wonder about Biden, too? 🤔😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

When you've lost Tulsi....

But Sanders has the all important Marianne Williamson endorsement. 

this was the most delightfully irrelevant information to be heard today