chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Bloomberg didn't need to purchase a wife from Eastern Europe. If he wanted to do, he could afford a younger and better looking one than Melania.

7 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Well, I'll give him credit for being  shorter and not having a beautiful ex-model as the woman in his life. So he had that going for him.

But he was more successful right?

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It's not just the raw numbers. From a strategic POV, if I am a voting delegate at that convention I also want to know what states each candidate's support came from. If my convention delegate leader has won a bunch of states that the party either isn't going to win or can't lose in the general election, how much is that worth? If you want to win the election you need the candidate that did the best in the states actually at play. That may or may not be the delegate leader. Just as an example - if the winner of the CA primary finishes last in MI, PA etc. all those CA delegates are pretty worthless as indicators of general election success.

I'm gonna hazard that metric (who won which state and by how much) would end up a wash in a hypothetical 36-35 delegate split.

39 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Well, I'll give him credit for being  shorter and not having a beautiful ex-model as the woman in his life. 

I tend to judge on things that matter... such as business success and coherence.

Bloomberg, despite my feelings about the guy, far exceeds Trump on both counts.

An index fund far outperformed Trump's business acumen

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I tend to judge on things that matter... such as business success and coherence.

Bloomberg, despite my feelings about the guy, far exceeds Trump on both counts.

His valet must have forgotten to pack his coherence for the Las Vegas debate trip.

2 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

His valet must have forgotten to pack his coherence for the Las Vegas debate trip.

Again, Trump sounds like a blithering idiot every single day. So your witticisms ring pretty hollow.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Bloomberg didn't need to purchase a wife from Eastern Europe. If he wanted to do, he could afford a younger and better looking one than Melania.

So you're against immigrants from Eastern Europe?  An "America for Americans" kind of guy?

1 hour ago, 313DetroitCity said:

But he was more successful right?

By the way six hopper and his ilk evaluate success, Bloomberg is 100 times more successful than Trump.  They have repeatedly told us that Trump is smart and successful because of his wealth.  

1 hour ago, six-hopper said:

Laughing at a Trump supporter talking about coherence.  

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

By the way six hopper and his ilk evaluate success, Bloomberg is 100 times more successful than Trump.  They have repeatedly told us that Trump is smart and successful because of his wealth.  

I have never told you that. 

Still, having a lot of money and a hot babe and being President of the United States are certainly not inconsistent with being smart and successful.

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I'm gonna hazard that metric (who won which state and by how much) would end up a wash in a hypothetical 36-35 delegate split.

Likely, but an unknown that it is too early to prejudge with certainty.

This guy (or bot) just joined twitter this month and has a bunch of tweets attacking Sanders opponents and even claims Bloomberg supporters have attacked him. One of my favorite tweets:

Who wants to tell him we aren't getting Medicare for all even if Sanders wins?

49 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Yet if forced to guess, I'd guess Bloomberg would beat Trump in a head to head debate.

A monkey would beat Trump in a debate.  

1 hour ago, six-hopper said:

I have never told you that. 

Still, having a lot of money and a hot babe and being President of the United States are certainly not inconsistent with being smart and successful.

They are not inconsistent with being ignorant either.  Look at all the entertainers with lots of money and hot partners (much hotter than Melania).  A lot of them are not too bright either.  

FWIW, I don't think Melania is that hot. She's had so much plastic surgery around her eyes I'm not sure how she can see anymore. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

FWIW, I don't think Melania is that hot. She's had so much plastic surgery around her eyes I'm not sure how she can see anymore. 

I agree.  She's more attractive than the average 49 year old woman on the street, but not stunning.