Jump to content
chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Recommended Posts

We've all been laughing and cheering as Trump's ridiculous lawsuits gets laughed out of court after court. After all, the campaign and its lawyers don't seem to be trying very hard to press their contention of fraud, despite their claims in their media that they have more than enough evidence, and it has even come to the point where lawyers have said, in some of the cases, that they are not even claiming fraud has occurred.

That seems to me to be a big disconnect. How can MAGA political leaders claim over and over in the media that they have ample evidence of Democrat voter fraud and yet produce exactly none in the courts?

I'm starting to wonder whether this isn't the beginning of a long political game in which getting all of their lawsuits thrown out of court will serve as de facto evidence to their base of a corrupt judiciary out to destroy Trump and, by extension, hard-working conservative Americans, all in the service of a globalist communist socialist pedophile etc. etc. deep state.

I can definitely see the Republicans running on that platform both in 2022 and in 2024, where the #1 promise will be to clean out the scum populating judiciary benches up and down the system all around the country and replacing them with people of a particular conscience loyal to the cause of Making America Great Again Again—or something along those lines.

I suppose their broad vision would be, once they have seized control of the practically entire judiciary, the sky is the limit on their power to remake America in whatever way they want.

They are certainly capable of seriously trying this, are they not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BetMGM Michigan $200 Free Offer - Launching Friday (1/22)

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is launching on Friday, January 22, 2021. Pre-register at BetMGM Sportsbook & Casino and get a free $200 bonus at their online sportsbook & casino with no deposit necessary.

Claim $200 at BetMGM Michigan Now

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

We've all been laughing and cheering as Trump's ridiculous lawsuits gets laughed out of court after court. After all, the campaign and its lawyers don't seem to be trying very hard to press their contention of fraud, despite their claims in their media that they have more than enough evidence, and it has even come to the point where lawyers have said, in some of the cases, that they are not even claiming fraud has occurred.

That seems to me to be a big disconnect. How can MAGA political leaders claim over and over in the media that they have ample evidence of Democrat voter fraud and yet produce exactly none in the courts?

I'm starting to wonder whether this isn't the beginning of a long political game in which getting all of their lawsuits thrown out of court will serve as de facto evidence to their base of a corrupt judiciary out to destroy Trump and, by extension, hard-working conservative Americans, all in the service of a globalist communist socialist pedophile etc. etc. deep state.

I can definitely see the Republicans running on that platform both in 2022 and in 2024, where the #1 promise will be to clean out the scum populating judiciary benches up and down the system all around the country and replacing them with people of a particular conscience loyal to the cause of Making America Great Again Again—or something along those lines.

I suppose their broad vision would be, once they have seized control of the practically entire judiciary, the sky is the limit on their power to remake America in whatever way they want.

They are certainly capable of seriously trying this, are they not?

Pre-emptive aside to @mtutiger: no, I am not saying they will succeed and we are all doomed, doooomed, DOOOOOOMED. I am merely saying I can definitely see them trying something along these lines. So please read carefully before hammering me. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Anti-Federalist #7

Quote

Let us suppose this man to be a favorite with his army, and that they are unwilling to part with their beloved commander in chief -- or to make the thing familiar, let us suppose a future president and commander in chief adored by his army and the militia to as great a degree as our late illustrious commander in chief; and we have only to suppose one thing more, that this man is without the virtue, the moderation and love of liberty which possessed the mind of our late general -- and this country will be involved at once in war and tyranny. 

Quote

We may also suppose, without trespassing upon the bounds of probability, that this man may not have the means of supporting, in private life, the dignity of his former station; that like Caesar, he may be at once ambitious and poor, and deeply involved in debt. Such a man would die a thousand deaths rather than sink from the heights of splendor and power, into obscurity and wretchedness. We are certainly about giving our president too much or too little; and in the course of less than twenty years we shall find that we have given him enough to enable him to take all.

http://resources.utulsa.edu/law/classes/rice/Constitutional/AntiFederalist/70.htm

it only took us 230 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

States will certify.  GOP lackies will reluctantly acknowledge, trump still won’t concede, GSA will move forward with transition, trump will scream.   It’s way more strenuous than it needs to be, but trump is that awful.  He will never concede.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

States will certify.  GOP lackies will reluctantly acknowledge, trump still won’t concede, GSA will move forward with transition, trump will scream.   It’s way more strenuous than it needs to be, but trump is that awful.  He will never concede.  

I really believe his last act is going to be some kind of extortion - he's going to want something, money, clemency, there is going to be some demand made in return for going away. And when he makes it, Biden better tell him to go 'f himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Look, I'm still skeptical that anything amounts of that meeting at the White House.

But the lack of judgment or apparent care toward ethical appearances that the Speaker shows here is something to behold.

Republicans just don't give a Flying **** about the our Democracy or the Constitution of the United States any more.

They are following Trump's lead. They think and act like "**** this country". It's not "Ask what you can do for your country" but, rather "How much can I get out of this." JFK is rolling over in his grave. So is Reagan. And Teddy Roosevelt. And FDR. And Washington and Jefferson. In fact, I think they are not just rolling over, they're rolling over and throwing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

JFC

Even newsmax calling out the insanity.   Shameful.  Can’t believe just under half the county wants this as their leader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Republicans just don't give a Flying **** about the our Democracy or the Constitution of the United States any more.

They are following Trump's lead. They think and act like "**** this country". It's not "Ask what you can do for your country" but, rather "How much can I get out of this." JFK is rolling over in his grave. So is Reagan. And Teddy Roosevelt. And FDR. And Washington and Jefferson. In fact, I think they are not just rolling over, they're rolling over and throwing up.

The Trumpies are doing you a favour though.  I am going to duck after I say this, of course.  But, the biggest favour that Trump has done for you is to demonstrate what a hopelessly flawed document your constitution is, probably the weakest, more full of holes than any other foundational document anywhere in the western developed democratic economies.  One proof is simply that you've never stopped arguing about it, not for 1 day, since the day that the ink dried 230 years ago.  But most importantly, that for the last four years your president has proven that he can just completely ignore it, and there's nothing that you can do about it.  Nothing.  But that's just me, leaning over your back fence, what do I know.

But of course there's nothing that you can do about that.  Not with a Republican majority in the Senate.  So, the Trumpies are pointing the way for you - you can end your misery by focusing all of your short-term attention going forward on re-taking the Senate.  You can't end the madness, and especially you can't end the international abject contempt and scorn, without removing all of the ludicrous "theoretical" levers (like "Faithless Electors", JHC, those are real possibilities) that an incumbent president can pull in order to stay in power, like in Belarus or Venezuela, those are your comps right now.  And you just can't make those amendments as long as you have a Republican Senate. 

But that's just me, leaning over your back fence, justifiably comparing you to Belarus and Venezuela.  After 2 Scotches.   

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I really believe his last act is going to be some kind of extortion - he's going to want something, money, clemency, there is going to be some demand made in return for going away. And when he makes it, Biden better tell him to go 'f himself.

I’ve read that possibility in a few places as well. What I haven’t seen yet is what is his leverage. Does he have actual, real dirt on people? Will he hold certain state secrets hostage, threatening to destroy them? Or does he simply understand that America may not be able withstand months or years of a showy trial of him and his family while 70+ million of his disciples, many of them heavily-armed and unpredictable, rage in the background?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Republicans just don't give a Flying **** about the our Democracy or the Constitution of the United States any more.

The irony of it all is that they portray themselves as the true protectors of the Constitution and the Democrats as Marxist enemies bent on destroying the Constitution. The reason it works is because their constituencies have never actually read the Constitution, or they have read only very specific sections of it like the Second Amendment, so they know nearly nothing about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ROMAD1 said:

Mike Flynn's lawyer is just tossing everything out there.

 

Just imagine standing in front of a judge and telling him/her members of the U.S. government collaborated with a seven years dead Venezuelan president to rig the 2020 election. How do any of these people have law licenses? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Even newsmax calling out the insanity.   Shameful.  Can’t believe just under half the county wants this as their leader. 

Saying it all sounds nuts but who knows it may be true is not only a very ineffectual calling out—it actually reinforces the idea the Democrats will resort to ideas that are nuts to steal the election from Trump. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

The Trumpies are doing you a favour though....

I don't disagree with a single word you said.

The reason this country has had a successful 230-year run with this constitution is that all political parties, voters, and officials, have bought into the constitution. Arguing over the constitution is meaningless, as long as the nation continued to support it. And it has.

Until this year. Since the Constitution of the United States is only as good as the nation's support behind it... It is now existentially in danger of being tossed into the trash heap. The current President has no respect for it whatsoever. Neither does the Republican Party. Neither do Trump's 74 million supporters. The elimination of the constitution means we are no longer a Democracy (potentially, if Trump were to actually overthrow the Constitution), but a Fascist Dictatorship... like Belarus, or Venezuela, or... what Trump really wants, is like North Korea or Russia, where he gets to take all the money, have all the power, execute/exterminate any opposition as he sees fit.

The enraging part of it is the 74 million brainless MF'ing Americans who are perfectly willing to vote for ****ting all over the Constitution and tossing it into the trash bin. Or their utter stupidity/ head-up-their-*** denial that voting for Trump leads to this existential threat. And almost as bad, is the utter faithlessness of the Republican Party, and 99% of its officials/ officeholders that are complicit in this destruction of our Democracy. As stated, they don't give a flying **** about our Democracy or Constitution anymore.

Aside from that, let me go back on one thing I said which is that I don't disagree with a single word of yours... Actually... I think even with a Republican controlled Senate a lot of election changes will get through legislation. I would prefer a 50/50 split with Harris the tie-breaker. But even without that... I think at least "some" Republican Senators will be on board and there will be some legislative fixes passed. 

I can hope at least (being the eternal optimist that I am...) for that...

 

10 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

... After 2 Scotches.   

Yeah...

Pour me a Scotch too please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan is launching online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. These top Michigan sportsbooks have pre-launch bonus offers. No deposit is required. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - If you sign up at BetRivers Michigan now, you will receive $50 in free bets to use one their online sportsbook & casino

Click Here to claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - If you register now before FanDuel launches in January, you will receive $100 to use at their sportsbook app & online casino.

Click Here to claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan For Registering Now

BetMGM Michigan - If you sign up early at BetMGM Michigan before launch, you will receive $200 in free bets to use at their online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $200 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Early

   


×
×
  • Create New...