Jump to content
chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Recommended Posts

BetMGM Michigan $200 Free Offer - Launching Friday (1/22)

BetMGM Michigan Sports Betting
Michigan online sports betting is launching on Friday, January 22, 2021. Pre-register at BetMGM Sportsbook & Casino and get a free $200 bonus at their online sportsbook & casino with no deposit necessary.

Claim $200 at BetMGM Michigan Now

18 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

20201119_093059.jpg

They misspelled the first "your" in #2.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chasfh said:

They misspelled the first "your" in #2.

[sic] burn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

 

I was confused by what this mean... and it seems like I'm not the only one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I was confused by what this mean... and it seems like I'm not the only one.

 

 

The results for the county have been certified... Benson has said as much.

Highly highly doubtful that there's legal recourse for "take backsies" on something like this....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Un-*******-believable.....

The second I saw they wanted to rescind, I knew Trump had reached out to them. That...can’t be legal, can it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump is getting exactly what he wants out of this process.  He probably knows there is no chance of winning, but he's creating months of material for the Trump TV network.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

The second I saw they wanted to rescind, I knew Trump had reached out to them. That...can’t be legal, can it?

It can't be. Who's going to do anything about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

The second I saw they wanted to rescind, I knew Trump had reached out to them. That...can’t be legal, can it?

I thought Lindsey Graham was the one in charge of reaching out to jurisdictions to throw out votes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Trump is getting exactly what he wants out of this process.  He probably knows there is no chance of winning, but he's creating months of material for the Trump TV network.  

This also appears to be part of the broad-based strategy to destroy government and democracy, or at least destroy the people's faith in either, so they can come right back in, take control irrespective of election results (if not this time than sometime in the future), and then run everything to their liking irrespective of the law.

Jury's out as of now on whether they will succeed eventually, but this is definitely the strategy. And I believe it's also why vast majority of Republicans are supporting Trump: they are betting it will succeed, and when it does, they will share in the plundering of the country like made Mafioso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

This also appears to be part of the broad-based strategy to destroy government and democracy, or at least destroy the people's faith in either, so they can come right back in, take control irrespective of election results (if not this time than sometime in the future), and then run everything to their liking irrespective of the law.

Jury's out as of now on whether they will succeed eventually, but this is definitely the strategy. And I believe it's also why vast majority of Republicans are supporting Trump: they are betting it will succeed, and when it does, they will share in the plundering of the country like made Mafioso.

I don't think Trump and is supporters are sophisticated or disciplined enough to think that through, but you may be right that the real owners of country are thinking that way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The term "gaslighting" gets thrown around a lot, but at the end of the day, this is really what this strategy amounts to..... and the chances that it works are infinitesimal.

But the damage long term? That's another story.... better get used to the idea that 35-40% of Americans will never accept a government led by someone not named "Donald Trump" after this election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the strategy is Rudy and Trump assume that wayne county isn’t certified anymore. The state canvassing board meets Monday.  What happens if they don’t certify?  Does a court step in and certify?  Rudy keeps his 20K a day gig and they then challenge that in court?  The top 2 state GOP guys are going to the White House tomorrow.  They are saying the right things.  Even if the chances are as small as possible to not be zero as long as they can keep it hanging then the damage is being done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Oblong said:

So the strategy is Rudy and Trump assume that wayne county isn’t certified anymore. The state canvassing board meets Monday.  What happens if they don’t certify?  Does a court step in and certify?  Rudy keeps his 20K a day gig and they then challenge that in court?  The top 2 state GOP guys are going to the White House tomorrow.  They are saying the right things.  Even if the chances are as small as possible to not be zero as long as they can keep it hanging then the damage is being done. 

It doesn't matter what Trump or Rudy "assume".... Wayne County *is* certified. That's legally binding....you don't need to be a Notary Public to figure that out.

This is all gaslighting and all PR.... that doesn't mean that it isn't wildly outrageous or banana republic type stuff, or that it shouldn't be treated as such. But engaging in wild conspiratorial thinking is their goal, whether you happen to be for or against them.... don't give them that pleasure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gaslighting is also part of the strategy to destroy people's confidence in government and democracy. It does not exist in a vacuum.

As long as people have no faith in basic American Ideals, the bad guys have a chance. Even if we believe they won't succeed, we still have to take the threat seriously, and attack it as though they do have a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chasfh said:

The gaslighting is also part of the strategy to destroy people's confidence in government and democracy. It does not exist in a vacuum.

No kidding....

That's why I keep saying the danger is long term

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

It doesn't matter what Trump or Rudy "assume".... Wayne County *is* certified. That's legally binding....you don't need to be a Notary Public to figure that out.

This is all gaslighting and all PR.... that doesn't mean that it isn't wildly outrageous or banana republic type stuff, or that it shouldn't be treated as such. But engaging in wild conspiratorial thinking is their goal, whether you happen to be for or against them.... don't give them that pleasure.

I wasn't suggesting it wasn't certified.   But there is the step of the state to certify and that's also a 2-2 partisan board.  I expect one of them to be an asshat.  I believe one of the GOP guys has a wife who works on the Trump legal team.... don't see how that's not a conflict of interest.  Are we just not supposed to talk about it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

No kidding....

That's why I keep saying the danger is long term

Don't kid yourself. There's short-term danger, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I wasn't suggesting it wasn't certified.   But there is the step of the state to certify and that's also a 2-2 partisan board.  I expect one of them to be an asshat.  I believe one of the GOP guys has a wife who works on the Trump legal team.... don't see how that's not a conflict of interest.  Are we just not supposed to talk about it? 

I guess I don't approach Trump schemes from the perspective that they will always end up successful.

Again, doesn't mean they aren't outrageous or damaging in the long term.... but at the same time, I think people's imaginations sort of run wild with news that comes out and often do so from a lack of knowledge about how these processes actually work. And that's true of both sides. Just wish people would step back and wait for knowledge about the next steps before jumping to conclusions.

The early years of listening to folks like Abramson and Eric Garland have left me a little jaded to the fear mongering about worst case scenarios, vis a vis Trump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donald Trump's schemes are never successful. It's why he has multiple bankruptcies and not one successful business. There is always fallout from his failures and someone gets hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan is launching online sports betting and casino apps on Friday, January 22, 2021. These top Michigan sportsbooks have pre-launch bonus offers. No deposit is required. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - If you sign up at BetRivers Michigan now, you will receive $50 in free bets to use one their online sportsbook & casino

Click Here to claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - If you register now before FanDuel launches in January, you will receive $100 to use at their sportsbook app & online casino.

Click Here to claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan For Registering Now

BetMGM Michigan - If you sign up early at BetMGM Michigan before launch, you will receive $200 in free bets to use at their online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $200 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Early

   


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,871
    • Total Posts
      3,042,083
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...