Jump to content
chasfh

The 2020 Presidential Race

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

You can chose to spend your money any way you want. There are business I chose not to go to for any number of reasons, for instance.

But when that choice becomes a social media phenomena, then it becomes everyone else's business. Which I suspect is what Rob is referring to.

I see boycotts on twitter I dont support and then I scroll to the next tweet.   Seems easy enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BetRivers Michigan Sports Betting

BetRivers Michigan $50 Launch Offer

Michigan online sports betting is launching in January 2021. Pre-register at BetRivers Sportsbook and get a free $50 bonus at their online sportsbook & casino with no deposit necessary.

Claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan Now

Just now, pfife said:

I see boycotts on twitter I dont support and then I scroll to the next tweet.   Seems easy enough 

Not everybody is you, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

And guns.

Those two issues have done more to hurt the Dem Party than anything else. Bar none.

Yes - but even guns have not generated as deep a split. There are lots of Dems with a range of views on guns that are all acceptable in the party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not everybody is you, though.

Glad thats ironed out.

Anti pc people should stop being condescending about where other people spend their money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah.... what mtu said.  I don't begrudge anyone else doing what they think is appropriate.  ****, I boycott places because too often I had to go up to the bar to ask for another beer, while watching the wait staff play on their phones. 

But when it becomes a movement and you see poltiicians supporting that... that's when you lose those voters.    Chick Fil A is very popular in this country and you have the AOC types turning it into a culture war.  That turns people off.   Oddly enough I've seen some arguing among the fundamentalists because they also have funded library programs that.... had drag queens reading to school children.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

But when that choice becomes a social media phenomena, then it becomes everyone else's business. Which I suspect is what Rob is referring to.

Indeed, it's the public shaming that I think pushes it to a point that some people aren't comfortable with it.  If I grab Starbucks I must hate cops, if I want Chick - Fil - A, I hate gay people, if I fly Spirit, I don't want to be to my destination on time...etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Oblong said:

yeah.... what mtu said.  I don't begrudge anyone else doing what they think is appropriate.  ****, I boycott places because too often I had to go up to the bar to ask for another beer, while watching the wait staff play on their phones. 

But when it becomes a movement and you see poltiicians supporting that... that's when you lose those voters.    Chick Fil A is very popular in this country and you have the AOC types turning it into a culture war.  That turns people off.   Oddly enough I've seen some arguing among the fundamentalists because they also have funded library programs that.... had drag queens reading to school children.  

I googled and didn't find what AOC did to Chic fil A.   Can you elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting in line for a chicken sandwich is crazy. No chicken sandwich is that good.

Plus, all the religious freedom, Christians are a higher order citizen, BS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jaymo said:

Waiting in line for a chicken sandwich is crazy. No chicken sandwich is that good.

Plus, all the religious freedom, Christians are a higher order citizen, BS.

 

You gotta just use the app and order ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Indeed, it's the public shaming that I think pushes it to a point that some people aren't comfortable with it.  If I grab Starbucks I must hate cops, if I want Chick - Fil - A, I hate gay people, if I fly Spirit, I don't want to be to my destination on time...etc.

I have not seen a single instance of public shaming for using any of these brands, and I live in Ann Arbor and married a bleeding heart. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pfife said:

I googled and didn't find what AOC did to Chic fil A.   Can you elaborate?

I said AOC types... not her specifically.  I'm not getting into a back and forth on this.  If you don't think Chic Fil A is a culture thing then so be it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like Political correctness is just things people dont like. Can we get a definition for political correctness. Also people complaining about political correctness is worse than political correctness itself. 

 

Chick fil a is is the most overrated fast food place, well maybe In N Out burger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

You gotta just use the app and order ahead. 

We got one near us, across from a Meijer, and it was a mad house.  For weeks they had to hire people to direct traffic.  As soon as the one near Twelve Oaks opened.... it stopped being crazy.  I had a friend from Wixom who would come down here to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shelton said:

I have not seen a single instance of public shaming for using any of these brands, and I live in Ann Arbor and married a bleeding heart. 
 

 

When I was working in Arkansas earlier this year, I got shamed by someone in my group (a hardcore Trump guy) for having a Starbucks coffee when I reported to work. fwiw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Oblong said:

We got one near us, across from a Meijer, and it was a mad house.  For weeks they had to hire people to direct traffic.  As soon as the one near Twelve Oaks opened.... it stopped being crazy.  I had a friend from Wixom who would come down here to get it.

They do taste pretty damn good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I said AOC types... not her specifically.  I'm not getting into a back and forth on this.  If you don't think Chic Fil A is a culture thing then so be it.

 

Clear false attribution to AOC "types" with a side of plausible deniability.

Of course it's a cultural thing.  It's also becoming abundantly clear that AOC is becoming a cultural thing too. 

That it's a cultural thing doesn't mean we should just attribute things to her "type" when it didn't happen, unless her type is the opposite of what she did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Oddly enough I've seen some arguing among the fundamentalists because they also have funded library programs that.... had drag queens reading to school children.  

A bit like folks complaining about politics on awards shows, but when Clint Eastwood or Kid Rock supports their view........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I have not seen a single instance of public shaming for using any of these brands, and I live in Ann Arbor and married a bleeding heart. 
 

 

there was a boycott of chick fil a in chicago when rahm let them come here.

it didnt work because chicago people like chicken sandwiches.  lots of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shelton said:

They do taste pretty damn good. 

My son spends probably 15% of his paycheck there.  I do like them.  No pickles though.  I wish they opened earlier for breakfast though.  Still haven't had a popeye's....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oblong said:

My son spends probably 15% of his paycheck there.  I do like them.  No pickles though.  I wish they opened earlier for breakfast though.  Still haven't had a popeye's....

 

Fast food salads are generally terrible.

But the Chick-fil-A Cobb Salad with Crispy Chicken with the Apple Cider Vinaigrette dressing and pepper flakes? That's good **** right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Oblong said:

We got one near us, across from a Meijer, and it was a mad house.  For weeks they had to hire people to direct traffic.  As soon as the one near Twelve Oaks opened.... it stopped being crazy.  I had a friend from Wixom who would come down here to get it.

I have to admit they do a great job getting traffic thru their drive thrus here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's pretty great that we have a bunch of people simultaneously arguing the following:

1) The Democrats need to be less AOC and more ___________

2) Sharing your opinion about what is best for others is condescending.

Oh the irony.  People tend to see through that kinda of nonsense.  Since we're now talking about what "people like"

It's probably that people don't like democrats b/c they do this kind of "do as I say not as I say" thing like y'all are doing here.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Michigan Sports Betting Offer

Michigan is launching online sports betting and casino apps in January 2021. These top Michigan sportsbooks have pre-launch bonus offers. No deposit is required. Terms and conditions apply.

BetRivers Michigan - If you sign up at BetRivers Michigan now, you will receive $50 in free bets to use one their online sportsbook & casino

Click Here to claim $50 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Now

FanDuel Michigan - If you register now before FanDuel launches in January, you will receive $100 to use at their sportsbook app & online casino.

Click Here to claim $100 at FanDuel Michigan For Registering Now

BetMGM Michigan - If you sign up early at BetMGM Michigan before launch, you will receive $200 in free bets to use at their online casino & sportsbook

Click Here to claim $200 at BetRivers Michigan For Signing Up Early

   


×
×
  • Create New...