Sign in to follow this  
Motor City Sonics

Will #1 be retired this weekend (35th Anniversary of 1984)

Hearing a little buzz the Tigers may announce this weekend that Lou Whitaker's #1 is being retired.     

Poor Josh Harrison...................

Usually we would here these things months in advance, so I doubt it.  

Edit: Oh, I misread.  Only the announce would be made, not the actual ceremony.  

I’ll never forgive the org for waiting until Sparky passed to retire #11. 

I doubt it... he's got a legitimate shot at being inducted next summer so just wait and do it all proper.... give him the full "Number retirement/HOF celebration" in one ceremony.

His era is being considered again later this year.  IF he doesn't get it now then I doubt he ever will.  They talked about him almost as much as Trammell during his induction so his momentum is pretty high.

And Baines.

36 minutes ago, Oblong said:

And Baines.

Who are we s'posed to believe?  You?  Or Tony Mother ******* LaRussa?

5 hours ago, Casimir said:

Who are we s'posed to believe?  You?  Or Tony Mother ******* LaRussa?

LaRussa of course.  He smokes a pipe and has leather patches on the elbows of his tweed jacket.

He’s a staunch animal rights activist so it’s faux leather. And his colored hair and eyebrows.  He’s one degree from Caitlin Jenner 

LaRussa tells a story about kicking Chuck Norris around until he submits and outrunning Nook Logan.  Doubtful that the former is true, but no way is the latter.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:08 AM, cruzer1 said:

Baines didn't have many errors.

Sweet. 

19 hours ago, Casimir said:

LaRussa tells a story about kicking Chuck Norris around until he submits and outrunning Nook Logan.  Doubtful that the former is true, but no way is the latter.

He did, however, outrun another professional athlete with a funny four-letter name.  The guy who had a view of LaRussa's butt all the way down the track was, of course, Teez Tabor.  

Lou getting in the Hall of Fame would be a nice way to blunt the otherwise unhappy feelings associated with our present state of affairs. 

58 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Lou getting in the Hall of Fame would be a nice way to blunt the otherwise unhappy feelings associated with our present state of affairs. 

I think they could go ahead and announce that next season they will retire his number - Hall Of Fame or not.   Very weird to have Tram up there and not Lou.