Keepleyland2

6/13 @8:05 Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals (in Omaha)

20 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Tigers at Royals

Game 65

25-39

Remember him?

51tRfZO0TwL._SY445_.jpg
Pete Incaviglia

YearsK with Detroit: 1991

Tigers highlights: 11 Home runs

You may remember him from: The NCAA record book. Most RBI in a season (143), most career home runs (100), a bunch of other records. Voted NCAA player of the century by Baseball America

Baseball Reference Link and Stats:

pete.jpg

I just looked at his stats, and he played in seven games with the tigers in 1998. Anyone remember that at all? I do not. One hit in 14 at-bats.

12 minutes ago, cmu97 said:

I just looked at his stats, and he played in seven games with the tigers in 1998. Anyone remember that at all? I do not. One hit in 14 at-bats.

yeah - I remember that they signed him. I assume he must have immediately gotten hurt. It was a regular Tiger schtick in those days to sign high name recognition guys who were over the hill. Everybody came through Detroit on the way to retirement.

ESPN: “These fans are going to be seeing a lot of all star players tonight (when they were in college).”

On the plus side, Michigan will be playing in this stadium on Saturday.

These ESPN announcers are idiots. Thet’re crowing about what a great hitter Castellanos is. Haven’t they ever read Lee’s book?  Do they realize that we can hardly give him away? 

• Like 1

I can’t get the Xbox to give me the Dan and Jim overlay. The only option it gives me is the Kansas City one.  Apparently when it’s an ESPN broadcast the only overlay available is the home team radio 

This ESPN broadcast on MLB.tv is buffering  and restarting over and over again. I haven’t had a single problem with this all year long until now. Maybe it’s just coincidental but perhaps the ESPN system and the MLB.tv system just don’t work together that well.

I'm not having any problems with the ESPN feed on my Roku, FWIW.

EDIT: well, until now. got the "commercial break in progress" since the 2nd started.

I'm watching ESPN on Directv Now and ESPN is showing the NESN feed of the Tex-Bos game with a note about "Technical difficulties at Omaha".

My buddy and I are wondering whether we are seeing the first ever wood bat game in this stadium. 

4 minutes ago, jbhappy said:

I'm not having any problems with the ESPN feed on my Roku, FWIW.

EDIT: well, until now. got the "commercial break in progress" since the 2nd started.

Yeah I’ve been stuck in “commercial break in progress” for both Cabrera and Dixon’s at bats. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Yeah I’ve been stuck in “commercial break in progress” for both Cabrera and Dixon’s at bats. 

ESPN TV cut to red sox game for technical issues

AAA level play, AAA level production

Broadcast is off due to technical diffifculties, good thing too otherwise we all see the Fightin Lloyds strike out at will against Homer Bailey and his near 6.00 ERA

2 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

ESPN TV cut to red sox game for technical issues

AAA level play, AAA level production

This was their dress rehearsal for the CWS anyway.  They'd rather discover the problem with this game than with one that matters.

I would almost call technical support but I know it’s a suicide mission. Every time I’ve called  for other issues the people in support have been really good but I get the feeling that they know, and it actually is, a real cluster blank there. 

Zimmermann and Jimenez are both garbage in Durham tonight. 

4 earned runs in 4.2 for Zimmerman. Looks like he’s regained his usual form. 

video appears to be back.

edit: well, for about 5 seconds.

Boyd off his feed a bit right now. Ump squeezed him on some high strikes early in the game - wonder if that had any effect.