kj2018

Greene / Boyd Trade Options

13 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

No.  You are a bad guy for other reasons.

OK, just making sure my pristine brand hasn't been sullied.

18 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Am I a bad guy for not knowing who Dabo is?

I don't know who he is either.  

10 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Cmon guys can we keep college football talk in the college sports forum where it belongs.    

This is the thread for ignoring someone’s mental health issues and justifying all the reasons that its ok to behave like jerks towards them.  

False.

image.png.c3530da5e7eab3865b859f2abc08958d.png

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

1682859895_youreabadmanyoureverybadman.gif.86ad8c859e814496d8a9debd99785d58.gif

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

As long as you know where Aleppo  is you’re alright.

19 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Please show me where I’ve ever made her gender part of my argument. 

She tweets about her wardrobe and looks...you have derided people for discussing her looks.   You can't tell me there isn't a gender based component to your defense 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I knew that post was just a matter of time.

That's because you have genius-level hindsight.

6 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

She tweets about her wardrobe and looks...you have derided people for discussing her looks.   You can't tell me there isn't a gender based component to your defense 

You must have me confused with someone else. I have absolutely not derided anyone for discussing her looks.  

For me,  this is about mental health and not gender.   I posted my comments only after she shared a tweet about her struggles with anxiety.    

On 8/12/2019 at 11:17 PM, Hongbit said:
I'm not sure how long the Emily hate has been going on but it’s not a great look for the site.   If I’m being honest, you guys look like a bunch of bullying aholes.

Come on guys - Emily is a common male name.

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

That's because you have genius-level hindsight.

It pairs well with your prodigious Simpsons reference posting game.

Sparking of Joe Falls, I recall him as being pretty sappy. Maybe I just caught him relatively late in his career, mid 1970s onward. 

Joe Falls was the stereotypical know it all angry old man sportswriter.  Jerry Green took over from there.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I remember him more as a get off my lawn type.

He was pretty judgemental as well.

was not a big Joe Falls fan either - esp in his later years.

But TBF - I think for guys like Falls who started when newspapers were king and then suffered through the acrimony and failure of the strike and the beginnings of the slow endless decline of the business, it may be hard to separate their increasingly bitter takes from the effects of their personal circumstances as sports journalists.

I didn't get that impression from Joe at all.  He might have sounded like that but I saw it more as a humor angle.  I should read his book again.  I know he wasn't a fan of Mitch Albom.

He also holds the distinction for looking into the Ernie Harwell firing and approaching it from the angle of "Hey, you just signed a contract for 1 year, then announce you are fired?  Having a press conference in their building?"  He was out sick what that story broke so in the pre twitter days he didn't have the requirement to immediately react.  That's when he found out it was WJR making the decision and Bo just went along with it, not fully engaged or appreciative of the impact.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

was not a big Joe Falls fan either - esp in his later years.

But TBF - I think for guys like Falls who started when newspapers were king and then suffered through the acrimony and failure of the strike and the beginnings of the slow endless decline of the business, it may be hard to separate their increasingly bitter takes from the effects of their personal circumstances as sports journalists.

A lot of times I think they just write the way they think their audience wants them to write.  There is a pretty big know it all old man market among baseball fans.  Now, you've got the snarky young saber writers.