kj2018

Greene / Boyd Trade Options

2 hours ago, Shelton said:

No. Whether or not the majority of her posts are baseball/tigers related doesn’t convert her personally managed twitter account into a ”professional” account that must remain devoid of any personal comments. 

Again, it isn’t hard to distinguish between tweets related to her job as a prospect writer and tweets that are unrelated to that and personal in nature.

Keith Law tweets about nerdy board games and his daughter, and he works for espn.

Rob Neyer posts about happenings in Portland and bird watching, and he is the commissioner of the west coast league.

This is a know it when you see it situation.  

No. Emily's blue-check-mark Twitter bio is ALL about her professional activities, and 90%+ of her tweets are work-related, making it a de facto professional account. The fact that she drops an occasional personal tweet onto her clearly professional Twitter account does not transform it into a personal account. If your argument is that it is not unprofessional to post Tumblr-esque selfies and you're-so-hot DMs on a professional Twitter account, then we simply disagree. But if you are arguing that a Twitter account used by a paid sports writer almost entirely to disseminate material  related to her work somehow escapes the designation of a "professional" or "work related" account, well, you're just wrong.

And for the record, Emily -- or any other person -- can post whatever she wants on her professional Twitter account so long as her employers are okay with it. But it's the internet, and people are free to react to it. If Hack-cosky decides to post Speedo shots of himself on his Twitter, would it be "over the line" for us to make fun of him for it?

vzGaolG.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, holygoat said:

If Hack-cosky decides to post Speedo shots of himself on his Twitter,

The reaction here and elsewhere would be epic.

For the record, any criticism I have is due to her lack of quality analysis.  Same goes for Henning and McClosky.  Her gender has nothing to do with it.

first of all, its hilarious that the "trolling is mean" post comes from bonghit of all people.  benke must be rolling over in his online grave at the irony of that one.  :)

second, hg is correct.  she makes herself the story with those pics on her professional account and her professional work isnt very good.  its ok to make fun of that just like its ok to make fun of hackosky or whatever shelton calls him.

its ok to criticize a woman.  in fact, i find much of the mea culpas here to be quite patronizing to her considering how over the top the same people are in their criticism of male sportswriters.  imagine the (justified) laughter there would be if fenech starting using his freep account to start posting pictures of him shirtless and talking about how all the babes are hitting on him?

i like that whenever shelton causes a kerfuffle, he ends up apologizing to everyone. 

except austin jackson.  :)

25 minutes ago, Buddha said:

imagine the (justified) laughter there would be if fenech starting using his freep account to start posting pictures of him shirtless and talking about how all the babes are hitting on him?

And if such a post by Fenech got 20 responses - 10 telling him that he looks gorgeous, 5 telling him to ignore the haters, and 5 saying "sorry you had to deal with that" with respect to getting hit on.

19 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I’m not sure how long the Emily hate has been going on but it’s not a great look for the site.   If I’m being honest, you guys look like a bunch of bullying aholes.

She chose to do pursue this because she found it got her lots of likes and attention on twitter. Her "mental battles" post is another example of this behavior. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Some stuff about looks, commenting on being a female, etc. last week crossed a line and I commented in that other thread on it. I thought it was a step too far.

Having said that, the floodgates did and should have opened when she crowdfunded for a laptop. And the flood water has continued to rise with favoritism, a complete lack of objectivity, tweets that show a lack of understanding of baseball (combined complete game), and writing on par with a fourth grader.

Not to mention Rliey or whoever having 3 hits in 7 IP the other day... it's consistently bad. And if she's going to use Twitter for attention then criticism is fair game.

Agreed that all the piling on can be over the top at times but whatever. 

The team sucks, Nick is gone...you can only call Miggy fat and next to useless so many times.  The pile has to move somewhere.

I do find it amusing that people who would never dream of saying someone like Waldon shouldn't be "in baseball" because she's a woman, will stick up for her on grounds based solely on her gender

Trying to remember why I got blocked by her. Must have been over a year ago. I think I was mocking the way she posted statistics. It would just be a blob of numbers like:

7 ip 4 h 3 r 4 bb 7 k

And I think I told her she needs to make them more clear by using a comma or something. Probably several tweets in a row because she got tired of it. 

Life was better when the Belle Tire girl was the focus of our attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

For the record, any criticism I have is due to her lack of quality analysis.  Same goes for Henning and McClosky.  Her gender has nothing to do with it.

Let's hope that she's better at cooking and cleaning.

If Hackowski posts a picture of himself in a speedos, that's the last tweet of his I am going to see.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

With regards to the Hackcosky speedo hypothetical, what's he packing?

You wanna know whether he is sprinkler party material.  

I think part of the issue with Emily v a McCosky is that McCosky is a part of an institution, he's a beat writer for one of the major papers and bc of that has special access and a good job. There is competition for that job and a town like Detroit should have someone good on those beats, as they have in the past. When they do not, it's fair to criticize and lobby to get someone better in those positions.

Emily is not a part of any essential institution. She tweets and writes for a blog. A better comp for her is Sportz rather than McCosky. If you find her opinion/work annoying/amateurish/dumb, you can unfollow her,  as I'm sure many of you have done with Sportz.

It's a pretty simple solution.  

23 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

If Hackowski posts a picture of himself in a speedos, that's the last tweet of his I am going to see.

Don't be weak.   Stand strong.

11 minutes ago, irvink said:

I think part of the issue with Emily v a McCosky is that McCosky is a part of an institution, he's a beat writer for one of the major papers and bc of that has special access and a good job. There is competition for that job and a town like Detroit should have someone good on those beats, as they have in the past. When they do not, it's fair to criticize and lobby to get someone better in those positions.

Emily is not a part of any essential institution. She tweets and writes for a blog. A better comp for her is Sportz rather than McCosky. If you find her opinion/work annoying/amateurish/dumb, you can unfollow her,  as I'm sure many of you have done with Sportz.

I don't follow her.  I left the twitterz over a year ago.   So your solution isn't so all encompassing and simple.

Due to this discussion ..I am going to follow Emily Waldon's twitter page for a couple of day.  Eagerly awaiting to read more like this:

Emily WaldonVerified account @EmilyCWaldon

FollowFollow @EmilyCWaldon
More

#Tigers Danny Woodrow follows up his single with a SB, his 17th this season. His speed makes his such an asset on base.

1:35 PM - 11 Aug 2019

1 hour ago, irvink said:

This post is dumb and deserves to be piled onto. 

24 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Due to this discussion ..I am going to follow Emily Waldon's twitter page for a couple of day.  Eagerly awaiting to read more like this:

Emily WaldonVerified account @EmilyCWaldon

FollowFollow @EmilyCWaldon
More

#Tigers Danny Woodrow follows up his single with a SB, his 17th this season. His speed makes his such an asset on base.

1:35 PM - 11 Aug 2019

All his base are belong to her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1