kj2018

Greene / Boyd Trade Options

17 minutes ago, Buddha said:

good relievers are undervalued by war.  a good bullpen is key to winning in the playoffs these days.  and theyre going to get more valuable as teams more and more decide that starters shouldnt face batters three times.

I am not convinced that WAR or any other stat does a good job evaluating relievers.  I don't think we know how to evaluate relievers.  

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I am not convinced that WAR or any other stat does a good job evaluating relievers.  I don't think we know how to evaluate relievers.  

For Tigers relievers I rank them by how many times I've yelled "you suck" at the TeeVee during their appearances.

11 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

For Tigers relievers I rank them by how many times I've yelled "you suck" at the TeeVee during their appearances.

How many did Joe Nathan earn?

When I went to a Whitecaps game recently they were honoring Jason Grilli, I finally understand why college kids want trigger warnings 

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

There is no number in recorded history as large as that.

And the numbers in unrecorded history are ..well, ..unrecorded.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:10 PM, tiger337 said:

I think we can evaluate them reasonably well.

Projecting them is a big challenge.

On Thursday, August 08, 2019 at 1:10 PM, tiger337 said:

I use FUP, a mathematically sophisticared and statistically sound alternative to FIP.  It is the ratio of the number of  games that the reliever F's up to the number of games that he doesn't.

Mark Melancon has been given the closer’s role in Atlanta after Greene’s struggles.

Greene comes in to relieve a struggling Melancon and immediately gives up 2 hits and a walk to allow the inherited runners to score.  Braves lose in extra innings.  

Atlanta stepped into this mess big time.

47 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Greene comes in to relieve a struggling Melancon and immediately gives up 2 hits and a walk to allow the inherited runners to score.  Braves lose in extra innings.  

I actually hope he turns this around...

I'd like to see him & the Braves succeed...

I want to see Greene succeed too.  Hopefully he'll turn it around real quick and be instrumental in helping Atlanta go deep into the playoffs.

19 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

I want to see Greene succeed too.  Hopefully he'll turn it around real quick and be instrumental in helping Atlanta go deep into the playoffs.

I'd rather see Riley Greene succeed.  Screw Shane.

3 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

I'd rather see Riley Greene succeed.  

I want to see him struggle.  It will make him a better hitter.  

• Like 1

He needs to go 1/4 every game, his OPS will be bad so he'll improve by struggling, but the hitting streak will be really good for a competitive guy like him

He will learn from failure and failure alone....you guys are Americans, right?

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I want to see him struggle.  It will make him a better hitter.  

But a better man as Emily stands behind him.

I’m not sure how long the Emily hate has been going on but it’s not a great look for the site.   If I’m being honest, you guys look like a bunch of bullying aholes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Emily is basically an advocate journalist. Maybe the Athletic thinks that’s a niche worth serving. If we think she’s not a sharp evaluator of talent, there are plenty of other sources for serous analysis of Tiger prospects.

She is annoying and unprofessional, but constantly belittling her does make us look like jerks and I am guilty too.  McCosky sucks too and we take shots at him, but we don't do it constantly.  

This forum really misses the Deuce.  

I was about to say that I pick on Fenech a fair amount.  Many here whack on McCoskey often.  Lynn Henning has taken historical beatings.   ......yet if we take shots at Emily we're bullies?    Seems to me that's it's own form of sexism.

To me you're saying the poor helpless little girl needs you as her hero to protect her.   

If she wants to take less **** - here's an idea - write better.

• Like 2