kj2018

Greene / Boyd Trade Options

35 minutes ago, irvink said:

Maybe Avila wants to hold onto all of them to make a big run in 20?

Kieboom for Shane Greene is beyond comical. Is it true that Avila turned down Cease, Jimenez, and others for Fulmer last year?

1 minute ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Kieboom for Shane Greene is beyond comical. Is it true that Avila turned down Cease, Jimenez, and others for Fulmer last year?

That was the rumor, not last year tho, June 2017.

19 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If it were my team for next yr just looking at the current roster I'd go with:

Niko, Jones, Reyes in the OF

Candelario, Castro, Castro, Cabrera around the IF. Let Miguel play first until he has to be DL'd. Maybe the best way to get him out of the line-up.

Rogers.Greiner catch

Stewart DH's

Spend whatever limited budget is allotted for the season on mid level BP pieces.

Contingent on what they get back from any trades.

Nothing but back ups on other teams. Terrible. Gardy is going to stroke out.

8 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

And Mike Trout.   And Vlad, Jr.   Avila has turned down every young star in baseball at one time or another.

41 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If it were my team for next yr just looking at the current roster I'd go with:

Niko, Jones, Reyes in the OF

Candelario, Castro, Castro, Cabrera around the IF. Let Miguel play first until he has to be DL'd. Maybe the best way to get him out of the line-up.

Rogers.Greiner catch

Stewart DH's

Spend whatever limited budget is allotted for the season on mid level BP pieces.

Contingent on what they get back from any trades.

So if that were your team, you would try to lose 100 games? Because that roster looks alot like a terrible team.

32 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Miggy is quickly becoming the Tiger's answer to the Pistons Oliver MIller or the Lions Scott Mitchell...fat guys who suck but think they're stars.

Assuming he doesn't get in shape in the off season, I'd advise his agent to see if he can find anyone who might be willing to take on some of his contract.  Otherwise..just DFA the slob and put Lugo at 3rd and Candelario at 1B

If the Tigers released Miggy, do you think he’d walk away with his remaining guaranteed contract or try and hang on with another team?  This has to be embarrassing for him.  Maybe he believes that if he was hitting in a lineup with better protection, he would be like his old self.

Just now, Sports_Freak said:

So if that were your team, you would try to lose 100 games? Because that roster looks alot like a terrible team.

You're right...we need to get guys like Bellinger, Yelich and Trout on this team ASAP

3 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Goodrum getting regular at bats makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Goodrum getting regular at bats makes no sense to me.

Maybe Robson or Cameron are ready by next spring?

it is a terrible team, but you have to put someone on the field and that  is who they got. 

They need power bats, and pitchers - both starters and relievers. Starting pitching is in the pipeline. You can trade Boyd for a bat, but it probably won't help net results wise until '21 when more of the pitching gets there. And the BP is really a mess. I don't see a lot of obvious BP arms in the system. If Rosenthal straightens out, he and Greene would be a good start, but they seem intent to trade Greene and Rosenthal is on a one year deal so they are as close to ground zero as not on the BP.

• Like 1

History suggests that we are straightening Rosenthal out so he can return to his previous All Star form  on another team

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

You're right...we need to get guys like Bellinger, Yelich and Trout on this team ASAP

A 4th round pick, a #25 and a #23.  

6 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

which is why you have to be able to evaluate talent without relying on tanking to make it easier. It seems good teams have a steady supply of young talent and they aren't tanking to get it.

15 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

History suggests that we are straightening Rosenthal out so he can return to his previous All Star form  on another team

LOL - the Nats offered him 7 million before they'd seen him pitch in a game. I can't imagine the Tigers matching any offers he might get once he starts getting batters out.

So if Casty to the Cubs what are we looking at in return ? Short or Valezquaez ? Something like that ?

2 hours ago, irvink said:

Do they have a hard throwing lefty reliever with control issues?  Sign us up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

If true, which we don’t know, it would suggest that the org is looking to expedite the road to competitiveness.  Which is a good thing.

Or it means he's misreading the market.

It never hurts to ask, I guess.  Unless your ask is so ridiculous they just go to someone else for help.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

Three high school guys too.

3 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

If the Tigers released Miggy, do you think he’d walk away with his remaining guaranteed contract or try and hang on with another team?  This has to be embarrassing for him.  Maybe he believes that if he was hitting in a lineup with better protection, he would be like his old self.

Maybe if Miggy was providing better protection in the lineup, the other guys would be hitting . . . 

Does anyone actually believe Avila will get anything in return for the MLB assets that are here now?

All those assets that he traded away in the past few years: the centerpiece is Jeimer Candelaria!

His return was a bunch of guys that can't hit over .225 or pitchers that are constantly injured.

Parades was also in that deal. Wilson sucked for the Cubs. Det got the better of that deal

The Cubs don't have much to offer, their system is down now.  I'd take Brennan Davis straight up.

10 minutes ago, leflore said:

Parades was also in that deal. Wilson sucked for the Cubs. Det got the better of that deal

The Cubs were just renting two players and gave the Tigers some of their low level prospects that had no future with the big league club.

Candelaria has sucked for the Tigers.

Let's wait until Parades actually gets a major league hit before we consider the Tigers getting the better of the deal.