kj2018

Greene / Boyd Trade Options

I have a feeling Avila is going to trade Boyd for 2 low level prospects, just so he can make a trade.

6 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I have a feeling Avila is going to trade Boyd for 2 low level prospects, just so he can make a trade.

Why not?   He's a gopher ball machine and it would help the tank.   Overall a brilliant move.   🌷

Morosi:

The Dodgers, Yankees, Braves, Rays and Reds had scouts in attendance for Bauer’s start on Thursday night, according to Jason Beck of MLB.com, but it wasn’t immediately clear if they were there to evaluate Bauer -- or Detroit counterpart Matthew Boyd.

The Dodgers have interest in acquiring Tigers closer Shane Greene, sources say, although one scout observed that Greene throws his fastball at a similar eye level to current Dodgers reliever Joe Kelly. Thus, Los Angeles may not want to have Kelly and Greene pitch back-to-back innings -- possibly nudging the Dodgers toward targeting a left-hander such as Pittsburgh’s Felipe Vázquez or San Francisco’s Will Smith.

Tigers dealing within division?

The Twins have checked with the Tigers on Boyd and Greene, sources said on Thursday, although there’s been no substantial progress toward a deal.

Detroit likely would insist on an overwhelming offer from Minnesota -- for Boyd, in particular -- in order to consider moving either pitcher within the AL Central.

Minnesota is working to add both a starter and reliever before the Trade Deadline, although not necessarily in the same trade.

I, for one, am ready for a Boyd-Greene-W.Castro for Royce Lewis trade...

2 minutes ago, irvink said:

He fits the mold of a light hitting middle INF

11 minutes ago, irvink said:

how does he know he was scoping Willi Castro?  He sucks defensively <ducks>

5 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

how does he know he was scoping Willi Castro?  He sucks defensively <ducks>

The twins will not give up Royce Lewis.

I say Boyd is going to San Diego for Luis Urias , Renfro or Familia and another one of their non pitcher top 10. Its a good match for both sides.

• Like 1

SD could be a good match for him, Petco is next to last in terms of HR difficulty and 4 out of the 5 NL West parks are bottom 3rd in that category so that could help Boyd's gopher balls.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

SD could be a good match for him, Petco is next to last in terms of HR difficulty and 4 out of the 5 NL West parks are bottom 3rd in that category so that could help Boyd's gopher balls.  

There's no reason to call names here.

😉

21 hours ago, socaltiger said:

I say Boyd is going to San Diego for Luis Urias , Renfro or Familia and another one of their non pitcher top 10. Its a good match for both sides.

Don't be an idiot AA. Take the upside. Go with a Luis Urias, Michel Baez and Hudson Potts or Austin Allen package... Add a lottery ticket if need be...

1 hour ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Avila is saying he wants an "established young star" for Boyd. He may not be going anywhere.

If true, which we don’t know, it would suggest that the org is looking to expedite the road to competitiveness.  Which is a good thing.

1 minute ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Right. It's great. Maybe we will get Soto, Acuna, Tatis, or Verdugo,right?

Of course not.  He won’t get traded, if that’s the criteria, but I’m encouraged that they want to get competitive sooner.

Hopefully the team has been shamed into action.  I told them to tank, but didn’t ask for it to be of historic proportions.

I’m going to do my part by egging Chris Ilitch’s house.

According to my watch Avila has 10 days to change his mind. Don’t change it until you have to.  If the team decides to keep him and bring up some of the young ones then a savvy FA move or two can put them in .500 range.  By a savvy move I’m still referrring to one or two year deals.  

This could turn around fast, if they want it. Plenty of quality free agents out there that can be had on reasonable, short term deals.

Not talking playoff contender, but good baseball, surrounding our prospects with solid major leaguers.

No need to hurry right now...set high asking prices and see what the market tells you.   As bad as this year is....next year has the potential to be even worse.  You would hope management recognizes that and opens the vault a touch to bring in some proven talent ....and by proven I mean healthy and productive

Maybe Avila wants to hold onto all of them to make a big run in 20?

I agree that at this point next year is shaping up to be worse. Nick will be gone, Shane likely as well, and maybe Boyd. Rogers, Daz and Castro will likely be brought up, but of those only Castro is above .220 at Toledo. Little, if any offensive upgrades until they adapt to mlb. Mize, Manning et all are more likely landing late 2020 or 2021, and even those guys might struggle at first. So I agree - if Illitch/AA do not bring in a few FA bats this off season next year might be worse.

If it were my team for next yr just looking at the current roster I'd go with:

Niko, Jones, Reyes in the OF

Candelario, Castro, Castro, Cabrera around the IF. Let Miguel play first until he has to be DL'd. Maybe the best way to get him out of the line-up.

Rogers.Greiner catch

Stewart DH's

Spend whatever limited budget is allotted for the season on mid level BP pieces.

Contingent on what they get back from any trades.

Miggy is quickly becoming the Tiger's answer to the Pistons Oliver MIller or the Lions Scott Mitchell...fat guys who suck but think they're stars.

Assuming he doesn't get in shape in the off season, I'd advise his agent to see if he can find anyone who might be willing to take on some of his contract.  Otherwise..just DFA the slob and put Lugo at 3rd and Candelario at 1B