kj2018

Greene / Boyd Trade Options

So, what the should the Tigers ask for when teams inquire about Greene and Boyd?  They are clearly the two most tradeable assets, even if they could also possibly be considered to be blocks for the team when they are competing again (hopefully in 2 years)

The moon for Greene.    The moon and the stars for Boyd.

Preferably middle IFers to keep everyone here happy.

• Like 1

A Philly website suggested a trade for Boyd centered on Bohm. Maybe to NYY centered on Frazier? Frazier and Andujar for Boyd and Greene?

11 minutes ago, leflore said:

A Philly website suggested a trade for Boyd centered on Bohm. Maybe to NYY centered on Frazier? Frazier and Andujar for Boyd and Greene?

Frazier is the pick de jure because NYY has too many outfielders. But in 100 games in the big leagues he hasn't shown all that much. I know its been sporadic play and he's only 24. But, still at some point some performance would be nice. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

I’d like to see some combination of our next C, 1B and SS, please.

Our next C is in Toledo. 

1 hour ago, leflore said:

Doesn't Andujar have a torn labrum? That means odds are very high he will never throw as well - if at all  - could well be done as a 3b.

Frazier looks suspiciously like Castellanos. 

Wait, they are going to trade all the good player?

• Haha 1

I'm actually in the camp to keep Boyd and can envision a rotation with him, Turnbull, Mize and Manning. But if he can land a very promising bat, maybe consider the trade. Turnbull's WAR is at 2.3 less than halfway into his rookie season

7 hours ago, leflore said:

Pass.

7 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

Wait, they are going to trade all the good player?

I see what you did there.

xD

Boyd and Greene aren't rentals. They're both under team control for a couple of seasons. This makes them more valuable.  If AA can't get value for them, he can always wait until the winter. Or not trade them at all.

Nick, on the other hand, is strictly a rental. With him hiring Boras as his agent, there's no chance he will even be offered an extension. All we need for him is a prospect that may be better than a comp pick. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes unsigned until next draft so a team doesn't lose a pick.

9 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

The moon for Greene.    The moon and the stars for Boyd.

Preferably middle IFers to keep everyone here happy.

Weak hitting middle infielders, to be precise. 

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Boyd and Greene aren't rentals. They're both under team control for a couple of seasons. This makes them more valuable.  If AA can't get value for them, he can always wait until the winter. Or not trade them at all.

Nick, on the other hand, is strictly a rental. With him hiring Boras as his agent, there's no chance he will even be offered an extension. All we need for him is a prospect that may be better than a comp pick. It wouldn't surprise me if he goes unsigned until next draft so a team doesn't lose a pick.

There will be no comp pick as they will not give him a QO which he would instantly accept 

• Thanks 1

Minnesota seems like they would be a good fit for Boyd.  They got plenty of offense and prospects so they could trade from depth to help shore up their SP in the playoffs.  

You trade Boyd if the offer is too good to pass up. DOn't trade him just to trade him....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, leflore said:

I'm actually in the camp to keep Boyd and can envision a rotation with him, Turnbull, Mize and Manning. But if he can land a very promising bat, maybe consider the trade. Turnbull's WAR is at 2.3 less than halfway into his rookie season

This needs to be the starting point so make me an offer I cannot refuse when trading a cheap healthy starter with 3.5 years on control left

6 hours ago, leflore said:

Multiple bats. And arms.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

At one point Fulmer was a building block and not just a rental.

Fulmer's not a write-off yet I guess. He will be Turnbull's age next season. I've been as pessimistic about his stuff as his health though. If there has been a  subtle level of instability there prior I suppose it's possible he could back with better command. But the other issue is that he may be coming back into the middle of log jam in the rotation. Does he have option left so they can leave him in Toledo for the half season it can take a guy to get his stuff back?

8 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Fulmer's not a write-off yet I guess. He will be Turnbull's age next season. I've been as pessimistic about his stuff as his health though. If there has been a  subtle level of instability there prior I suppose it's possible he could back with better command. But the other issue is that he may be coming back into the middle of log jam in the rotation. Does he have option left so they can leave him in Toledo for the half season it can take a guy to get his stuff back?

I keep thinking of Fulmer in relief....no idea why.   

14 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

2 options left