Keepleyland2

6/12 @8:15 Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals

13 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Relatedly the world would probably end if he hit.300

I will nominate Lloyd for the Walt Hriniak hitting coach of the year award if JJ hits .300

Actually, the way I tabulated he would be at .2996.  I wonder if there were a couple games left and he was at .2996 Gardy would try to sit him and he would demand to play just like Ted Williams did. 

It’s 64° and 70% humidity in Kansas City. Is this hot and humid enough for the bats to heat up? 

KL failed at predicting this delay when he named this thread.

😉

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

KL failed at predicting this delay when he named this thread.

giphy.gif

Omaha’s forecast for tomorrow is nothing but sun with a high of 79...subject to change. 

Alex Gordon just made what would have been a highlight throw if Beckham had been half a step slower. In the air, from the warning track of one of biggest OFs in baseball to a point knee high directly over 2b base. 

Norris has regressed this month. He's still keeping them in games but he's hanging on by the skin of his teeth 100% of the time. He just can't get himself in command of a game the way had done a few times earlier this season. And it's not like KC is a good team - they can run but that is about it.

The weird thing is 2-2. I don't think he has made a good 2-2 pitch in 3 starts.

So he lets in one run, but it feels like the floodgates are gonna burst anytime.

Well, it looks like now that he has lost 1st base Miguel has checked out, which is what I was sort of afraid of. Giving away ABs left and right recently. Hopefully he'll figure out how to keep his interest up, doesn't look like it is there now.

No decision for Norris. Basically a 'meh' performance. As usually decent stuff but the command constantly on the edge. All the same problems still there. It seems so simple - just put that right foot down a little more to the right so you don't end up so off balance and can finish your follow through. If only it were for him.

Here comes another double steal.

EDIT: - nope - no steal, Ramirez gets Gordon. Tigers live another inning.

If these guys were capable of scoring 4-5 runs as often as an average team they wouldn’t be a .500 team but they could be pretty close. But this is something they just can’t do.  For a starter to allow two runs in 6 innings this would usually be cause for celebration, but with this team it’s simply can’t be. 

Jesus, that was a terrible AB from Miggy. 

Bases-loaded and no outs and they end up squeaking out a run on a sac fly.  Do they send Joe in to blow the game now? 

EDIT— I guess it is what it is. 

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Bases-loaded and no outs and they end up squeaking out a run on a sac fly.  Do they send Joe in to blow the game now? 

EDIT— I guess it is what it is. 

Hey man.....we're ahead....be happy.

• Like 1

What a fantastic offense, 3 runs tonight.  The Marlins with their 9 passed the Tigers.  Back to 30th.

2 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

For sure, it has been few and far between the last month when they have been ahead.  Shane Greene time to bolster his trade value!!

Just now, Chili Mac Davis said:

Big Joe seven pitches and three outs?  Am I reading this right?

For once, he threw strikes.  He throws too much garbage usually.  Strikes with his stuff is the way to go

Shane Greene is maximizing his value.  He has had a fantastic year.  The question is how much are other teams willing to pay for his services?  This is his best year bar none

16 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Grrrrrrrrr