Keepleyland2

6/11 @8:15 Detroit Tigers at Kansas City Royals

My Mom wrote in my Baby Book - "Age 3 - Likes baseball."

My Dad played baseball for the Industrial League. All the factories had teams back then.

:alien:

• Like 1

Dan just came up with the stat that every one of Turnbull's walks have been on a missed FB. Heck if you miss with the FB anyway -  you might as well try a breaking ball once in a while.

Jake just keeps hitting. Put him on the all star team. 

8 minutes ago, Shelton said:

This doesn’t look half bad:

1747C407-9B3D-4057-807B-30E5FC88DD5F.png

Like Kelly Leak, JJ needs to cover a lot of ground in LF and RF. I wonder if that is screwing up his jumps?

21 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Nick misplays the slice. Jones holds the runner. 

So, he's going to go back to hitting for power and butchering fly balls.? **** fielding and **** Shelton too.  

Pulling Turnbull pays off immediately........ for the Royals.

Turnbull & Boyd, then into the void.

21 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

So, he's going to go back to hitting for power and butchering fly balls.? **** fielding and **** Shelton too.  

and really, how is that not an error? All he has to do is take the straight line to the ball - what is more 'ordinary effort' than that? Even at that  - despite having over run it,  he still could/should have caught it. I really don't see what purpose it serves the league to have the scoring system be so unattached to the reality of what a fielding mistake is.

who are we going to see next inning? Alcantara? or Jimemez?

EDIT: Stumpf warming with Alcantara.

Our LOOGY who can't get lefties out is in to get a lefty out.

--and actually gets him.

This Tigers squad has to be the most boring team in baseball.  They don't score much, rarely get hits with guys on base, and just are a blah squad.  At least the Royals run the bases and generate some energy.

Case in point right there, Mondesi hustles out of the box and Stewart sorta takes his time to get to the ball, and he gets a double.  Tigers are blah

13 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

and really, how is that not an error? All he has to do is take the straight line to the ball - what is more 'ordinary effort' than that? Even at that  - despite having over run it,  he still could/should have caught it. I really don't see what purpose it serves the league to have the scoring system be so unattached to the reality of what s fielding mistake is.

Once they get all the new  fielding data worked out, there might not be any need to track errors anymore.  What is the probably that an average fielder makes a given play?  It doesn't need to be classified as an error or non-error.  

Just now, kj2018 said:

Case in point right there, Mondesi hustles out of the box and Stewart sorta takes his time to get to the ball, and he gets a double.  Tigers are blah

IDK if Stewart can run any faster than that. He wouldn't be my first choice as a LF at Kaufman or CoPa, but he's gotta play somewhere.

3 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Once they get all the new  fielding data worked out, there might not be any need to track errors anymore.  What is the probably that an average fielder makes a given play?  It doesn't need to be classified as an error or non-error.  

true for evaluation purposes, but even with all that in place do you think the leagues will stop scoring?

AND the Tiger bullpen wipes out another good Tiger start.

Castellanos ****s another one! You can’t script it any better. 

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

true for evaluation purposes, but even with all that in place do you think the leagues will stop scoring?

AND the Tiger bullpen wipes out another good Tiger start.

No, but people might pay less attention to error totals 

Greiner not having a good game, another 0h-fer, plus 4 SB's against him.  If anyone can tell me why he is still on the squad, let me know.

And a clown show in RF, the Tigers deserve to lose this game, period (not Turnbull, he deserved way better)

Nick is really on a roll tonight. He's responsible for runs on both sides of the score board tonight.

How the 'ef can you not call off the IF when there is going to be a throw to make?