Keepleyland2

6/9 @1:10 Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

Tigers are trying to make sure Minnesota comes back to the pack in the AL Central by exhausting their hitters in this game. 

9 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I enjoyed that thanks.

So we don’t have to thank Lloyd for this. Phew!

9 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I enjoyed that thanks.

It was a pretty good article. I started reading Jules Posner a few weeks ago. I like his work.

Apropos of nothing, I will never, ever get clown fear, probably because I have no idea what nerve it touches.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Apropos of nothing, I will never, ever get clown fear, probably because I have no idea what nerve it touches.

tenor.gif?itemid=8071431

I’ve never been afraid of clowns. I don’t know where it comes from. Movies with bad clowns in it? For me clowns were Emmett Kelly and Bozo but that was a long time ago. 

43 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’ve never been afraid of clowns. I don’t know where it comes from. Movies with bad clowns in it? For me clowns were Emmett Kelly and Bozo but that was a long time ago. 

Now Emmet Kelly, Red Skelton's clowns and Bozo I was OK with, but Milky absolutely did freak me out - as did Buffalo Bob for that matter. I was probably right even at that age not to trust a guy that spent his time with a little boy on his lap and a hand up his shirt.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Now Emmet Kelly, Red Skelton's clowns and Bozo I was OK with, but Milky absolutely did freak me out - as did Buffalo Bob for that matter.

I once dated a woman that was absolutely terrified of clowns.   Never understood it myself.

I was also never afraid of Santa Claus, even though he was a guy with a beer belly and a false beard who acted like he knew me and wanted me to sit on his lap. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

The candy could be black licorice...or one of his testicles covered in Nutella

Speaking of testicles, thoughts and prayers should go out to Mitch Haniger.

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Carpenter is good for a tanking team

His contributions to the cause are better than you think.

Anyone else still with the game when Minnesota challenged the Cabrera HBP?  I think the pitch hit the end of the bat in addition to his hand which should have ruled it a foul ball, but good grief, its 11-1 in the back half of the game, let it go, move along with the game, and don't let the door hit you in the dupa on the way out of town.

8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Speaking of testicles, thoughts and prayers should go out to Mitch Haniger.

Those are no fun at all, had one when I was 20.   Slid into home plate and had a catcher kick me.

7 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Anyone else still with the game when Minnesota challenged the Cabrera HBP?  I think the pitch hit the end of the bat in addition to his hand which should have ruled it a foul ball, but good grief, its 11-1 in the back half of the game, let it go, move along with the game, and don't let the door hit you in the dupa on the way out of town.

funny because the Tigers did the exact same challenge and won it a couple of weeks ago. Don't remember the batter but he had his hand so low on the bat that the knob was fully recessed in his hand and NY still gave the Tigers the challenge and reversed the HBP.  Heck maybe it  was against Minny and this was pay back  -I don't remember the context, just the challenge.

17 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

funny because the Tigers did the exact same challenge and won it a couple of weeks ago. Don't remember the batter but he had his hand so low on the bat that the knob was fully recessed in his hand and NY still gave the Tigers the challenge and reversed the HBP.  Heck maybe it  was against Minny and this was pay back  -I don't remember the context, just the challenge.

By the letter of the law, Minnesota wasn't doing anything wrong.  It just seemed ridiculous to me given the situation of it today.

I do not recall the previous incident.  Maybe it was payback if it was against Minnesota in a similar context.

Someone else here used to do clown fear posts, I can’t remember who. It always struck me as a weird obsession to have.

I guess I never understood the fear of clowns.  I mean, you people seem harmless, so why the fear?