Keepleyland2

6/9 @1:10 Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

9 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Jake Odorizzi vs Ryan Carpenter

JaCoby had himself a day

As Bert would say, Jacoby had hisself a day. 

• Like 1

George Korince!  You might remember George Korince from the time that he struck me out in 1975!  Have I mentioned that before?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

George Korince!  You might remember George Korince from the time that he struck me out in 1975!  Have I mentioned that before?

I had you in pick the stick that day.  Probably wasn't my best choice.

• Haha 1

Yowie wowie...Jacoby's OPS+ sits at 103.  If  he can stay on anything close to the streak he's on now, he's the odds on favorite for Tiger of the Year.  (Greene and Boyd likely won't be here)

12 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Yowie wowie...Jacoby's OPS+ sits at 103.  If  he can stay on anything close to the streak he's on now, he's the odds on favorite for Tiger of the Year.  (Greene and Boyd likely won't be here)

I put my money on Boyd still being here, unless Tampa gets desperate enough for real starters to offer Austin Meadows.......

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I put my money on Boyd still being here, unless Tampa gets desperate enough for real starters to offer Austin Meadows.......

I hope so.   I'd hate trading him for anything less than a potential star batsman.   I continue to believe that with a rotation consisting of some combination of Boyd, Mize, Manning, Turnbull, Norris, Faedo, Burrows, Funkhouser and maybe Perez/Fulmer that we can be competitive without having a lineup of doom.   Trading away any of that "surplus" seems premature, as we all know the odds that many of them will fail.

27 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

I don't see any rush to move Boyd.  It would be nice to have the real quality veteran presence as Mize and Manning move up to Detroit.  Boyd is cheap and effective and has 3 more seasons of control.  There's no reason to move Boyd for the sake of moving Boyd.  I think he is becoming the real deal as a top end rotation starter.

Greene could certainly be sent away.  As fickle as relievers can be, I think it'd behoove the Tigers to send him away to the highest bid before the trade deadline.  They could keep him for next season, but that's his last season under current control and he might not be as effective as he has been this season.

I’m happy. I’m as happy as an unattended child in a restroom at the circus and a clown has just offered me a piece of candy.  What could go wrong? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Jake Odorizzi vs Ryan Carpenter

JaCoby had himself a day

"Eggs" Odorizzi is tough.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m happy. I’m as happy as an unattended child in a restroom at the circus and a clown has just offered me a piece of candy.  What could go wrong? 

free-candy.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

The candy could be black licorice...or one of his testicles covered in Nutella

2 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

Since Jacoby's OPS hit bottom at 413 on May 4, he has slashed 314/383/598 with 7HR and 11BB in 116PA. That's a nice little run.

• Like 2

6 batters in and the only one fooled today is me—I thought he might have a decent start today.

So the pattern for fhe Tigers is one good game a series and the rest stinkers.

Tigers get a run on Nick's GiDP after a pair of singles by Niko and Stewart.

3-1, end 1.