Keepleyland2

6/8 @4:10 Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

I know JaKe won't continue at this point, but I hope it's more than just a few-week flurry.  Maybe it's finally clicked.   I hope so.  If you can get a CF with his defensive ability to just hit .260 with an OBP of .330, you're doing great.   

I wish MLB.tv could air the post-game stuff. I wouldn’t be interested in seeing it after a really bad game where it’s like witnessing dental surgery. But after a game like yes, yes I would like to see it. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

I wish MLB.tv could air the post-game stuff. I wouldn’t be interested in seeing it after a really bad game where it’s like witnessing dental surgery. But after a game like yes, yes I would like to see it. 

You'll get nothing and like it !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

I wish MLB.tv could air of the post-game stuff. I wouldn’t be interested in seeing it after a really bad game where it’s like witnessing dental surgery. But after a game like yes, yes I would like to see it. 

Don't forget there's a B&W Gunsmoke episode on INSP.

43 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

hate to beat a dead horse, but Shep and Morris have a long way to go to become a good broadcast. Back to running Dan and Jim over the video. I'm thinking that is why they are spending sooo much time doing remotes. Unfortunately when I want to watch a ballgame the last thing I'm interested is Johnny Kane interviewing the hitter's third cousin for a dozen questions past when the conversation should be over or Craig Monroe's kids (even if they are cute).

We'll check in again later in the season but done with them for now.

I think Shep and Morris are improving. I'm sensing a relationship building there. Morris has improved I think. It's not Tom Verducci but it's not bad. 

Funny mistake by Morris today. Calling it a sac fly to move a runner from 2nd to third on a fly out.

2 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

I think Shep and Morris are improving. I'm sensing a relationship building there. Morris has improved I think. It's not Tom Verducci but it's not bad. 

Funny mistake by Morris today. Calling it a sac fly to move a runner from 2nd to third on a fly out.

I don't think Jack is old enough to remember when that was actually the rule (1926-1930)

Every player was on base at least once - Greiner the only one not to hit but he walked twice.

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I don't think Jack is old enough to remember when that was actually the rule (1926-1930)

So you didn’t get dinged for an at bat if the baserunner moved forward?

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

So you didn’t get dinged for an at bat if the baserunner moved forward?

Correct.

Even the powers of the air scowl at Jordan Zimmermann. He gets through 2 2/3 in Lakeland before they'd seen enough and sent the rain to put an end to it. (2ER, 3H, 2K, HR)

59 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Even the powers of the air scowl at Jordan Zimmermann. He gets through 2 2/3 in Lakeland before they'd seen enough and sent the rain to put an end to it. (2ER, 3H, 2K, HR)

Sounds like he’s been restored to his previous level of mediocrity.  Give him a couple more starts in the minors and he’ll be able to produce in worse form those same results here.

It’s a shame that you can’t just cut your losses and bail and that you have to go through the motions of acting like these reclamation projects are possible. And they are, theoretically, and sometimes in fact are.  I have a hard time believing the Easter Bunny, however, can fix this situation. 

He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl
And he called for his fiddlers three.

3 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Yeah, I've been an mlb.tv subscriber for several years now. You can see most segments of the post game show a couple hours after the game on YouTube.  Just subscribe to fix sports detroit

4 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Nick is awful

Funny, this is his big last year here..you would think he would at least try a little harder considering the money he will be giving up on.

3 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

Now that Jacoby Jones rules this team is heading to the top

The next Mickey Mantle as Sparky would probably say. I would hope for Mickey Stanley.

57 minutes ago, Champ79' said:

Funny, this is his big last year here..you would think he would at least try a little harder considering the money he will be giving up on.

he has lost his ability to lay off down and away. OK - no RHH never falls for it, but Nick had done better last season than he is this.

3 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

Now that Jacoby Jones rules this team is heading to the top

...of the bottom tier

8 hours ago, Champ79' said:

I don’t think it’s a question of effort.  He wouldn’t be the first guy who pressed or just slumped during his walk year.

He wouldn’t have changed his representation if he was not interested in maximizing his earning potential in free agency.

13 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I hope JaCoby Jones doesn’t celebrate with a bowl.

He's looking forward to the all star break to get back to Oklahoma to his favorite noodling holes.

11 hours ago, leflore said:

Yeah, I've been an mlb.tv subscriber for several years now. You can see most segments of the post game show a couple hours after the game on YouTube.  Just subscribe to fix sports detroit

Really?