Keepleyland2

6/8 @4:10 Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

4 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Billy Pierce for Aaron Robinson was one if the worst Tigers trades ever.  

even Aaron Robinson deeply disapproved of that trade. but hey, it got me an avatar, so it's all good.

• Thanks 1

hate to beat a dead horse, but Shep and Morris have a long way to go to become a good broadcast. Back to running Dan and Jim over the video. I'm thinking that is why they are spending sooo much time doing remotes. Unfortunately when I want to watch a ballgame the last thing I'm interested is Johnny Kane interviewing the hitter's third cousin for a dozen questions past when the conversation should be over or Craig Monroe's kids (even if they are cute).

We'll check in again later in the season but done with them for now.

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

hate to beat a dead horse, but Shep and Morris have a long way to go to become a good broadcast. Back to running Dan and Jim over the video. I'm thinking that is why they are spending sooo much time doing remotes. Unfortunately when I want to watch a ballgame the last thing I'm interested is Johnny Kane interviewing the hitter's third cousin for a dozen questions past when the conversation should be over or Craig Monroe's kids (even if they are cute).

We'll check in again later in the season but done with them for now.

My feeling is that either Morris is improving or I'm getting used to him.   Shep tries hard but is pretty bad.   Gibby makes the broadcast much more interesting at least for me.

But you're not alone in the Shep stuff - from another site:

83 minutes agovia Mobile

I have real hate for Matt Shepherd.

I have hated what Nelson Cruz does to us for what seems like 1/2 my life.

• Like 1

Jack and the boys are getting a little too happy. It’s like they think this game is in the bag or something. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Jack and the boys are getting a little too happy. It’s like they think this game is in the bag or something. 

Perhaps you forgot we have Jake Jones on our team?

Should we stop beating the dead corpse of Lloyd McClendon yet? 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

Should we stop beating the dead corpse of Lloyd McClendon yet? 

Nah, we have another new crop for him to spoil.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

They can't stop JaCoby Jones.

.........You can only hope to contain him...

I think Morris has settled in and is now just letting the words come to him the same way Ordonez used to instruct hitters to let the ball merely come to them. 

Shane Greene will close out the game without a chance to save.  I can’t remember if it was Rodney or the roller coaster who generally underperformed in this situation. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

Shane Greene will close out the game without a chance to save.  I can’t remember if it was Rodney or the roller coaster who generally underperformed in this situation. 

I think Greene does too.

I’m getting optimistic. I predict Ryan Carpenter hurls an 89-pitch no-hitter tomorrow.  It’s not like Greene will be needed tomorrow anyway. 

I think these guys have decided they've heard enough negativity about their beloved hitting coach.