Keepleyland2

6/7 Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

there is a good  example of why Jones' Rdrs isn't looking so hot this year.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It took Rodney into his 30's to have success as a reliever. If it takes Jimenez that long the one thing we can count on is that it won't be for the Tigers.

And he'll make a few $$Million a year along the way as he matures and learns.   It's a heckuva career if you can do it.

35 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Game.   Miggy hits it hard on a line.

6-3 Twins win

How 'bout that Casey Mize?

7 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

How 'bout that Casey Mize?

struggled. 5 innings, 1 run, 1 walk, 6 hits, 8Ks

14 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Riley‘s dad did a good job of coaching him in dealing with the media too. He comes off as intelligent, humble, all-around a really good kid. It would be great if he led the American League in hitting when he was 20 years old. And speaking of that, good lord Al Kaline looked very old when he was on screen a few minutes ago. 

Riley seems very likable.  I think he was nervous, he kept going back to hitting the ball backside, but hey, he's 18, this is probably his biggest broadcast interview to date, so that's understandable if maybe he had a bit of deer in the headlights and used that as a crutch.  I like that he didn't dance around not knowing much about the Tigers, I like his honesty there.  And I really liked that he talked about himself as a CF and working on speed to be adequate there even though it seems he is pegged as a corner OF.

That was kind of a tough visual of Kaline.  I have not seen him since the 1968 celebration last year.  You know, when you see guys frequently, they don't seem to age as much.  When you see guys annually, it usually doesn't seem much different one year to the next.  But, and maybe it was the angle, he looked like he aged about 10 years since last year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

One of those deeply vexing baseball questions: When the visiting team hits the ball and it leaves the playing field, shouldn't it be called an "AwayRun"?  Just to avoid the confusion when playing a home team that might do the same thing?

I like it.

13 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I was a strong JJ supporter earlier on when he struggled...but I'm about done now

13 hours ago, kdog said:

24 year old Joe Jimenez will be sent down after the game....rinse and repeat on another bullpen prospect.

Yes, it's time to try to get him to reclaim it in Toledo.