six-hopper

We're Number 30!

regardless of long balls, the fightin Lloyd's further ensconced themselves into 29th with 4 big runs tonight, while the fighttin fish got shut out again.  Those guys are awful, they would NEVER beat the Tigers 

The Rockies and Padres played what looked like softball tonight, with the Padres winning 16-12.  That is 28 runs.  Our mighty Lloyd's, even with 9 runs in a game have scored a total  of 27 runs in their past 9 games. 

The Tigers are mostly comprised of aaaa talent. Hard to blame Lloyd imho. Their best offensive player this year is arguably Dixon - a guy the Reds let go and they've lost at least 94 games 4 years running. 

22 hours ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I heard a rumor the other day that Warren Buffet is negotiating to buy the Tigers and move them to Omaha.

Their all--time record is not very good there.  I don't think the ballpark suits them.

Just now, six-hopper said:

Their all--time record is not very good there.  I don't think the ballpark suits them.

And if you thought MrI was impatient to win.....Buffett is 88 and Charlie Munger is 95 (though I think Munger would stay away from the Tigers as an investment).

On 6/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, LooseGoose said:

All the girls love Hopper ......... 

Right,  All the girls stick together.  

2 hours ago, six-hopper said:

We might be # 29 or #30 on offense, but overall we play like #2  🚾

3 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

We're Number 30 again!

Woo hoo!

So you're saying there's a chance for another celebration if we can scratch our way to #29 again?

They said on the broadcast today that only the Royals have more triples than the Tigers.  Hey, there's something, right?

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

They said on the broadcast today that only the Royals have more triples than the Tigers.  Hey, there's something, right?

meh - Kaufmann and CoPa both consistently rank among the best parks for triples, CoPa usually a bit better even. Considering the Royals' speed and park they should lead that stat. I would also note that is only AL. The Royals lead the majors(26) but there are  3 NL clubs tied with or ahead of the Tigers(18).