Keepleyland2

6/5 @7:10 Tampa Rays vs Detroit Tigers

Looks  like he had himself some bad babip luck in his two appearances with the Tigers.  A 3 whip with a 3.06 FIP.  

Carrasco is out indefinitely for the Indians with an undisclosed blood condition. 

Hoping everything is ok with him but with all the hits to the Indians rotation and the twins playing so good it's looking more and more like the Indians may be done this year atleast as far as the division goes.

Shep and Jack sticking with the “Ava-sale” Garcia pronunciation. Give them credit for consistency, I guess. As if they guy didn’t spend several prior years in the Tigers organization. 

I don’t like playing against teams are going to win 95-100 games.  It’s like were an eight-man high school football team from the sticks that’s come to the big city to play a real team. 

Dixon with probably the second-worst throw I've ever seen from a Major Leaguer.  I saw Tom Brookens field a ground ball and throw it about halfway between home and first.

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

A five run outburst right now would be a very welcome thing. 

I suppose you also want a pony.

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

A five run outburst right now would be a very welcome thing. 

1 minute ago, six-hopper said:

I was not exactly Nastradamus there. 

well, Spencer picked a good night to be a little off since the Tigs bats show little sign of life tonight anyway.

A six-run out first here would be really great.  Since I’ve already embarrassed myself a little bit more is meaningless. 

so I don't get the use of Ramirez for one IP. If they are thinking of moving him into the one of the later inning slots, odd to still use him 1st man in, if not, why not leave him working longer? No biggy but I had been guessing Ramirez and Jimenez were heading for a swap.

26 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Ponies are old school.  These days, unicorns are the real deal.

I’m sure castellanos has a nice xwOBA tho

13 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I’m sure castellanos has a nice xwOBA tho

looking forward to the Boras-Nick dynamic this winter. should be fun for all.

Cubs sign kimbrel to a 3 year 43 million dollar deal.   Reason I bring it up is because the Cubs have had well known closer issues so they were one of the teams I thought we might get to overpay for Greene.   Obviously not gonna happen now. 

20 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

looking forward to the Boras-Nick dynamic this winter. should be fun for all.

The market for 100 OPS+ corner outfielders who play atrocious defense is going to be very hot.  There's going to be a big-time bidding war for Nicky C.

24 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Cubs sign kimbrel to a 3 year 43 million dollar deal.   Reason I bring it up is because the Cubs have had well known closer issues so they were one of the teams I thought we might get to overpay for Greene.   Obviously not gonna happen now. 

lots of teams with bad bullpens. just need one team. 

7 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

The market for 100 OPS+ corner outfielders who play atrocious defense is going to be very hot.  There's going to be a big-time bidding war for Nicky C.

a transcendent talent to be sure

Tampa threw only 110 pitches in front of a bullpen game?  Yeeesh, way to set them up for the next game, Tigers.

The numbers suggest that Nicky has stopped pulling the ball this year vs. last year, and his BABIP has dropped 40 points.