bobrob2004

Fire Ron Gardenhire

20 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Something to consider with Gardenhire is that Anderson comes with him, and I've heard nothing but praise for Anderson from the pitchers he has worked with over the years. In today's game the pitching coach has to be the most important guy on the staff - maybe even more than the skipper. 

Didn't Bosio come originally?  Was Chris a directed hire?  My memory isn't the best.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Didn't Bosio come originally?  Was that a directed hire?  My memory isn't the best.

Yes.  I believe Anderson was the bullpen coach before SpiderMonkey was let go.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Didn't Bosio come originally?  Was Chris a directed hire?  My memory isn't the best.

Yeah - I guess the FO hired him along with Gardenhire (and rehired LLoyd!)  thinking he had done well with the Cubs and it was probably a firing for the wrong reasons in Chicago. Anderson had been with Gardy in Mn so he got the bullpen gig but you had to figure it was only a matter of time if Gardenhire stayed that Anderson would be PC. Bosio just made it easy for them.