Jump to content

Keepleyland2

5/19 @1:10 Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Pick the stick really adds suspense and meaning to these games.

Not.

Pick the stick has always been dumb.  As someone pointed out on Twitter.  It's like someone talking about his fantasy team in a league you're not in.  Who cares? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Pick the stick has always been dumb.  As someone pointed out on Twitter.  It's like someone talking about his fantasy team in a league you're not in.  Who cares? 

I hate it so very much. I wouldnt mind if they said it once at the beginning and at the end. But they bring it up every damn ab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I hate it so very much. I wouldnt mind if they said it once at the beginning and at the end. But they bring it up every damn ab

I'm sure the producer's meeting went something like this: "Who has ideas for filling time doing the games of a team that is going to lose a lot. No idea is a bad idea here follks......"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I'm sure the producer's meeting went something like this: "Who has ideas for filling time doing the games of a team that is going to lose a lot. No idea is a bad idea here follks......"

Problem is they started it when we were good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Problem is they started it when we were good

It was always a bad idea.  Now that they have no sticks, it's a terrible idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It was always a bad idea.  Now that they have no sticks, it's a terrible idea.  

So you're opposed to a MTS version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

So you're opposed to a MTS version?

If Bert and Liston are picking, it might be OK.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

If Bert and Liston are picking, it might be OK.  

We could do the opposite - Pick the Suck.   Rewards for Ks, GiDP, errors, TOOTBLANs, etc......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

We could do the opposite - Pick the Suck.   Rewards for Ks, GiDP, errors, TOOTBLANs, etc......

With the first pick every night..Jacoby Jones!

(Unless shelton is making the first pick, than its Jackson)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I hate it so very much. I wouldnt mind if they said it once at the beginning and at the end. But they bring it up every damn ab

Pretty much. They seriously talk about how somebody wants whoever is at the plate to get a hit just because they picked them. I'm amazed that they don't realize on awful that commentary is. Do they not look at any feedback at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

With the first pick every night..Jacoby Jones!

(Unless shelton is making the first pick, than its Jackson)

I was hoping Jones would just make contact at one point and he hit into a DP. I felt stupid for hoping for him to put the ball in play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I hate it so very much. I wouldnt mind if they said it once at the beginning and at the end. But they bring it up every damn ab

Pick the Stick has significant value, because every second of screen time spent on it is one that cannot be filled with Johnny Kane.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Pick the Stick has significant value, because every second of screen time spent on it is one that cannot be filled with Johnny Kane.

I'll spring for a couple beers if you'll sit down and talk things out with JK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I'll spring for a couple beers if you'll sit down and talk things out with JK.

you'll need more than two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

We could do the opposite - Pick the Suck.   Rewards for Ks, GiDP, errors, TOOTBLANs, etc......

Scoop the poop.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

you'll need more than two.

All I want is more love in this old world.  If it takes 4 or 5 beers for Hopper to love JK then I'm in and would consider it a sound investment in the future of humanity.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

All I want is more love in this old world.  If it takes 4 or 5 beers for Hopper to love JK then I'm in and would consider it a sound investment in the future of humanity.   

I'm a mean drunk.  Johnny Kane would not fare very well with an intoxicated me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, six-hopper said:

I'm a mean drunk.  Johnny Kane would not fare very well with an intoxicated me.

We'll send Liston along to the beer summit to keep the peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

All I want is more love in this old world.  If it takes 4 or 5 beers for Hopper to love JK then I'm in and would consider it a sound investment in the future of humanity.   

Actually I mean it's more than just Hopper that you will have to ply with adult beverage to persuade that JK is not a scourge to our airwaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      96,479
    • Total Posts
      2,882,051
  • Who's Online (See full list)

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
×
×
  • Create New...