Keepleyland2

5/19 @1:10 Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

3-3 after 5, now pouring again in Mio too.....not that it affects the game.

38833F50-F869-4B58-957C-A13D4BAEDC33.thumb.jpeg.f43d37b71eb9cc5742073e8f38afd58b.jpeg

It’s been raining all day in Boise, Idaho where I live too.  Underneath this exquisite Tigers jacket I am wearing an exquisite Mud Hens road jersey and underneath that a Verlander T-shirt. People feel so bad for me that they walk up and offer me money. 

I hope I’m wrong but I feel a three-run homerun welling up from the bowels of the earth. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

I hope I’m wrong but I feel a three-run homerun welling up from the bowels of the earth. 

Jeimer is up with two runners on base again in the AAA game.  That's an opportunity for him.  

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

Jeimer is up with two runners on base again in the AAA game.  That's an opportunity for him.  

too late. Some of his strikeouts are still around.  

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

IT would certainly be helpful if he got straightened out.

Just now, LooseGoose said:

IT would certainly be helpful if he got straightened out.

Yeah, you'd hope that some of our trades worked out for once. 

4 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Zac is an answer to no question

He is now.  😉

3-3 after 5.5

4 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

It was the chili dog thank God. 

Get a position player up to pitch.  We need to get this game over with before the rains come.  

and just like that it is 5-3 A's.  Tigers just cannot beat the A's, ever.

And of course the offense can rarely ever bust out for more than 3 or 4 runs.

The Rains will now also come, as soon as the Tigers make their last out in the bottom of the 7th

Not that it was 100% of the difference but the Nick botch out in RF certainly didn't help things.    Keep giving good teams 4-5 outs and you'll lose every time.

Reininger is probably the most consistent Tiger pitcher...🙄

25 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

He is now.  😉

3-3 after 5.5

They asked him too many questions.  

• Haha 1

In the meantime, the Tigers only managed 4 hits off of Fiers, and only 3 runs, one of which came home on a passed ball.

They have 5 starters in the lineup hitting under .200, way under .200.

Yuck

3 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

In the meantime, the Tigers only managed 4 hits off of Fiers, and only 3 runs, one of which came home on a passed ball.

They have 5 starters in the lineup hitting under .200, way under .200.

Yuck

MLB's model of tank, tank, win is not cool.  

I would like to know the % of games the Tigers have scored under 4 runs. Seems like a ton. Now that the pitching has found its water level (at least about 5 runs a game) it's going to be tough to will wins anymore..

I guess I should be thankful,  but for whatever reason I’m not getting the audio feed of the Tigers through MLB app. Did Dan and Jim    pull a Mario and Rod?

What the **** is wrong with the A's, bitching about the tarp being put on the field? You're up 5-3 in the 7th. With the weather that's coming, this is about to be an official game. All you have is a short trip to Cleveland tomorrow- so you have to wait around for a little while. It should be the tigers who are ticked off about the tarp going on a little soon. 

A rain delay in this context is like a Death Row stay of execution while waiting for a decision from a Governor that campaigned on the slogan “Kill ‘em all. Let God sort ‘em out.”

• Haha 1

I can never figure out why managers don't manage to a rain delay.  It was pretty obvious (at least it seemed to me) that the rain was about to hit.  So, why not bring in Jimenez or Greene instead of Zac R?  If you guess wrong and the game goes on...fine...I can live with that.  But to put in one of your worst pitchers to give up a run or two just before the rain hits seems just plain foolish to me.

7 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

What the **** is wrong with the A's, bitching about the tarp being put on the field? You're up 5-3 in the 7th. With the weather that's coming, this is about to be an official game. All you have is a short trip to Cleveland tomorrow- so you have to wait around for a little while. It should be the tigers who are ticked off about the tarp going on a little soon. 

It's not an official game until the Tigers get their fair turn in the 7th, hence the anger.