Tfw

Prob not a new topic....

Just seems like they play like they wish they were not in Detroit. Comatose dugout. 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:44 PM, Tfw said:

Just seems like they play like they wish they were not in Detroit. Comatose dugout. 

This last homestand I was more than just a little bit amused by all the empty seats through out the stadium.  I'd guess that the number of season ticket holders not in attendance exceeded the actual body count in the stadium for many of these games.

Separate but  related, in the most recent Chicago white sox series at Comerica, I flipped back and forth  between the Fox Sports Detroit broadcast and the White Sox broadcast....the White Sox cameras frequently panned the stadium with commentary mentioning how barren the stands were. The Tigers broadcast cameras, in contrast, showed the seating areas only rarely.

I hope young Ilitch is enjoying his "younger and leaner" escapades.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:44 PM, Tfw said:

I guarantee you they love playing in Detroit because half of them would be collecting minor league pay checks otherwise.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow a comatose dugout during a 9 game losing streak? That never happens so it must mean they hate playing in this city.

The sad thing is, the organization is probably losing less money now than it was back when the stadium was drawing 2.5+ million fans per year.

On 5/17/2019 at 7:44 PM, Tfw said:

I’m sure most players would rather play for a winning team. 

7 hours ago, Yoda said:

Wow a comatose dugout during a 9 game losing streak? That never happens so it must mean they hate playing in this city.

I love your optimism. Anyone who can defend season 8 GOT and this Tigers season is a positive person. I love that, I wish I had your optimism, I’d probably live longer.

20 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

I love your optimism. Anyone who can defend season 8 GOT and this Tigers season is a positive person. I love that, I wish I had your optimism, I’d probably live longer.

You should probably just cry and post a bunch of dumb memes instead. 

Also, how exactly am I defending this Tigers season? 

I don't think that they hate Detroit and want to leave. I think that they just suck. 

Pretty simple, really. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wolverinefan said:

I don't think that they hate Detroit and want to leave. I think that they just suck. 

Pretty simple, really. 

Just about everyone of them are lucky to be in the majors and are probably happy to be there. As would you, me, and just about any other sane person. 

51 minutes ago, wolverinefan said:

Pretty simple, really. 

Defending the Tigers, I see 

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

You should probably just cry and post a bunch of dumb memes instead. 

Also, how exactly am I defending this Tigers season? 

I just thought it was cool you had something not all the way horrid to say about the Tigers. Even if it’s just saying the Tigers did what every other team would do in a 9 game losing streak. Maybe that’s not 100% positive but for someone who has heard nothing but the Tigers suck, I’ll take it, I mean that sincerely.

You are  also 100% right.

5FAA6A51-6786-4513-A4CB-7039D6CC8213.jpeg

A lost season. What’s weird is a heard on the radio are -8 runs vs average by shifting defense. Gardy said it was due to pitchers not being able to execute pitches.

On 5/25/2019 at 9:04 PM, MAROTH4MVP said:

I’m sure most players would rather play for a winning team. 

I'll bet Miggy demands an opt-out clause if he ever signs a new contract with us.   💔

14 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I'll bet Miggy demands an opt-out if he ever signs a new contract with us.   💔

........what

On 5/25/2019 at 11:31 PM, MAROTH4MVP said:

A lost season. What’s weird is a heard on the radio are -8 runs vs average by shifting defense. Gardy said it was due to pitchers not being able to execute pitches.

wait, I though the whole idea was that the theory behind shfting didn't depend on pitchers having to do anything but pitch. If the probability of success for shifting depends on pitchers having to do anything at all they aren't usually capable of doing, then it's value goes straight down the toilet because almost every pitcher in the majors is already absolutely everything he can to get guys out and the probability of them being able to anything more is pretty much zero or less.

20 minutes ago, thefunk said:

........what

Well, I'm sure that when he signed that plush contract with us, one thing he failed to anticipate was the possibility that the organization might one day decide that winning was no longer a priority, and stop surrounding him with talent.. I mean just look at poor Miggy, stranded with a loser,...any post season hopes  he might have had dashed to the ground. 🍗

5 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

just look at poor Miggy, stranded with a loser,...🍗

For a guy building up numbers late in his career for the HOF, a bad team not always the worst place to be, you are less likely to get pitched around when your team is badly behind. 🤔

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

For a guy building up numbers late in his career for the HOF, a bad team not always the worst place to be, you are less likely to get pitched around when your team is badly behind. 🤔

You DO remember him saying that "winning championships" was the only thing that was important to him?  🏁

2 hours ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

You DO remember him saying that "winning championships" was the only thing that was important to him?  🏁

Players say a lot of things. They are probably as likely to betray their real thoughts in public as your average poll. 😔

2 hours ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I have never believed any player who said that.  It might be the primary goal of some players, but I am pretty sure they also interested in their personal accomplishments.  It's only human.

3 hours ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

I'll bet Miggy demands an opt-out clause if he ever signs a new contract with us.   💔

He is free to opt out any time he wants.  

38 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He is free to opt out any time he wants.  

the players association might arrange for 'someone' to leave a severed horse's head in his bed, but yeah, theoretically he is.....xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I have never believed any player who said that.  

Me either, but it was just too good to pass  up given that my "opt-out clause"  comment seemed to have been taken seriously.