Keepleyland2

5/17 @7:10 Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

Harrison with a RISP hit, wonders will never cease.  The Tigers are on the board

OMG pick me up off the floor....Harrison with a 2 strike double.

Miggy scores  - 3-1 As....1 out.

As botch a DP, now can the Tigers capitalize?

Nope

Jake dribbles out.

3-1, end 5.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Montas coming down to Earth a bit. 3 hard hit balls and a HBP.

But of course, no home runs, and only one run.  That is our 2019 Detroit Tigers in a nutshell

And the clown show continues, Jacoby plays 1 and 2 one out into a runner on third and a run. 

Unacceptable. 

It is one thing to lose, it is another to continue to see the same things day after day (no hitting, poor D, etc.)  

I know some of the pitchers have not been good on this staff, but there have been some that have been brutalized by the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

JaCoby Jones with the Beer League softball fielding play.

One has to believe that Jake's audition is coming to a close.  

Norris' FB down to 88. He's mailing it in. Hate to see that.

and sure enough ...another HR

This team just keeps coming up with ways to implode.

Well, at least the runs are now all earned.  Another game, another rout.

I hope all these guys are getting embarassed, they are sure putting on quite the show for the home town fans this week.

Just now, kj2018 said:

Well, at least the runs are now all earned.  Another game, another rout.

I hope all these guys are getting embarassed, they are sure putting on quite the show for the home town fans this week.

Last year did not seem as bad as 2003, this yr is beginning to.

Mahtook’s muffed outfield error got him a ticket to Toledo the next day. Let’s see how this one plays out. 

As much as I think Norris has big league stuff, I'm not sure he has a big league makeup. 

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

One has to believe that Jake's audition is coming to a close.  

No one to replace him. Niko? Mahtook? Reyes? Peterson? Dixon?

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

Last year did not seem as bad as 2003, this yr is beginning to.

To be fair, they were recently still only 2 games under .500, for all of their hitting woes, they hung in there, and won a lot of close low scoring games.  And they have had a lot of injuries, especially to their starting pitching, which has had a cascading effect on the rest of the pitching staff.

However, this week has been beyond awful, no energy, dumb plays, terrible fielding, zero hitting with the games close, and a lot of runs given up by the pitchers (again, the D and lack of O is really wearing on the pitchers, especially the starters, IMO)

This kind of ball was what it was like in 2003, but one would think with a lot of veterans mixed in on this team that they would make sure this clown ball stops.

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

No one to replace him. Niko? Mahtook? Reyes? Peterson? Dixon?

I didn't search that but it certainly wouldn't stop me - there's always someone to replace you.

Just now, kj2018 said:

but one would think with a lot of veterans mixed in on this team that they would make sure this clown ball stops.

I think the veterans are here collecting their checks.  They all know as well as we do that they're not any part of a long term plan.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

As much as I think Norris has big league stuff, I'm not sure he has a big league makeup. 

I’ve come to that conclusion recently. I don’t know if it’s mental toughness or whatever. He just turned 26 but he’s been at this for three years and seems to be stuck in neutral.

Just now, LooseGoose said:

I think the veterans are here collecting their checks.  They all know as well as we do that they're not any part of a long term plan.

I agree, but you would think pride would also kick in, these guys don't like to lose, and they should be getting tired of getting embarrassed day after day

2 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I’ve come to that conclusion recently. I don’t know if it’s mental toughness or whatever. He just turned 26 but he’s been at this for three years and seems to be stuck in neutral.

It's too bad as this was the maybe his best fastball so far this year. He was hoping some velo would come back and it is starting to. His stuff was fine tonight -  but he looked like he just folded there.

Just now, kj2018 said:

I agree, but you would think pride would also kick in, these guys don't like to lose, and they should be getting tired of getting embarrassed day after day

Yeah, that's a point.  I've been sour on the signings since they happened.  A waste of time and $$.  Everyone knew we weren't going anywhere this year so why bother dragging them in here?   

Morris just gave some really good analysis on the differences in grips and how to throw the split finger fastball and the forkball.  

That is the kind of stuff that he knows inside and out.

Unrelated, i don't think the Tigers have gone the other way once yet tonight.  Nick looks like he could care less, he is just flailing at stuff way outside of the zone.