Keepleyland2

5/17 @7:10 Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

As I recall Pride had a hearing impairment. Don’t remember to what extent.

Bert puts more effort into his photoshop than Avila did in building the roster.

• Like 1

I want to see Daniel Norris put this team on his back and stop this unsightly skid.

No matter what happens the part of his start I'm most anticipating is G2's post game analysis of his performance.

1 minute ago, FloridaTigers said:

So uh, how's the rebuild going?

Seems to be right on schedule except for Candy's struggles, but I blame that on lack of protection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FloridaTigers said:

So uh, how's the rebuild going?

Not as good as the one going on down where you live. But you have Derek Jeter doing it there so you’ve got an edge on Detroit.  When Derek Jeter grew up in Michigan he dreamed of being a New York Yankee and destroying the Miami Marlins. In both cases his dreams have come true. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

Not as good as the one going on down where you live. But you have Derek Jeter doing it there so you’ve got an edge on Detroit.  When Derek Jeter grew up in Michigan he dreamed of being a New York Yankee and moving to Miami and destroying the Miami Marlins. In both cases his dreams have come true. 

I'm actually going to sunday's game, going to kick back and relax and watch some very poor baseball. Whether on TV or in person, I can't seem to escape it. 😰

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

3FFDFBD0-52D6-42E9-B428-BE431F699516.thumb.png.d6d461cedadfc28f5b852b26173be384.png

Does that scoreboard read pitches or pitchers?  The font is is about the size of JaCoby Jones' OPS.

5 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Does that scoreboard read pitches or pitchers?  The font is is about the size of JaCoby Jones' OPS.

After 27 pitches and one out the A’s have scored 21 runs at the top of the first.  I didn’t even get to the part where Jack Morris‘ head explodes because this is a family-oriented website. 

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

After 27 pitches and one out the A’s have scored 21 runs at the top of the first.  I didn’t even get to the part where Jack Morris‘ head explodes because this is a family-oriented website. 

Hall of Famer Jack Morris.

• Like 2

"We know what we're doing here, we're trying to do a rebuild here and ad-lib and get these guys through until we get all these young prospects up," manager Ron Gardenhire said after after the Tigers' fourth straight loss, a 17-3 embarrassment to the Oakland A's. "But still, there's a lot of pride out here in this clubhouse and no one wants to play like that.

Ahh I remember the sweet innocence of Gardy when he was talking about how the experts were clueless in spring training. So much wasted bandwidth from Hackosky and his brethren.

19 minutes ago, FloridaTigers said:

I'm actually going to sunday's game, going to kick back and relax and watch some very poor baseball. Whether on TV or in person, I can't seem to escape it. 😰

My guess is you won’t have any more trouble getting a seat than people have at getting a seat at Comerica Park these days, at least from what I can tell by scanning the stands on TV. 

1 minute ago, kdog said:

Ahh I remember the sweet innocence of Gardy when he was talking about how the experts were clueless in spring training. So much wasted bandwidth from Hackosky and his brethren.

If an old guy can’t feel optimistic in spring time when can he? Amirite? 🤒

Curtis Pride: in The Club.

Look at Curtis' stats from 1996, he was an outstanding platoon player on a truly awful team.  53 wins, that was some of Randy Smith's finest work.

6 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Curtis Pride: in The Club.

Look at Curtis' stats from 1996, he was an outstanding platoon player on a truly awful team.  53 wins, that was some of Randy Smith's finest work.

Good to see you're on top of things today, you've been a little lax lately.

50 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

in The Club.

I looked up the number of players that are exclusive to The Club and only The Club and not any other MLB teams.  36 seasons in Montreal, and you consider that there are some extended years before and after to have played with the Tigers.  Go ahead, take a guess as to how many players wore jerseys for the Tigers and les Expos but no other MLB teams.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I looked up the number of players that are exclusive to The Club and only The Club and not any other MLB teams.  36 seasons in Montreal, and you consider that there are some extended years before and after to have played with the Tigers.  Go ahead, take a guess as to how many players wore jerseys for the Tigers and les Expos but no other MLB teams.

None. Even Curtis Pride played for the Braves and the Red Sox in addition to Montreal and Detroit. The idea this could ever happen is as foolish as thinking there will ever be anything called Orange Vanilla Coke. Only an idiot would concoct such a thing. 

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Oh wow, we saw a guy like that about a week ago, he had a cup of coffee with each team.  I am going to guess that there are 7 such players.

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

Oh wow, we saw a guy like that about a week ago, he had a cup of coffee with each team.  I am going to guess that there are 7 such players.

I have to tell you I'm a bit disappointed that you're guessing.

I’m not sure how to look this up on b-r on an iPhone. It yields ‘0 Results.’

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

None. Even Curtis Pride played for the Braves and the Red Sox in addition to Montreal and Detroit. The idea this could ever happen is as foolish as thinking there will ever be anything called Orange Vanilla Coke. Only an idiot would concoct such a thing. 

Wrong.

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

I would have guessed you could get a starting lineup out of it, but probably only for wiffle ball.  Leo Marentette, Johnny Paredes, Jerry Robertson, and Joe Sparma are the Wiffle Ball Quartet.

26 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I have to tell you I'm a bit disappointed that you're guessing.

He's a poser.

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’m not sure how to look this up on b-r on an iPhone. It yields ‘0 Results.’

Insert another quarter.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/multifranchise.cgi?level=franch&t1=DET&t2=WSN&t3=--&t4=--&exclusively=1

For tonight's game, Vegas has it even money on the Tigers staying within two touchdowns of the A's this time.  I'm trying to decide which side of that bet to take.