Keepleyland2

5/16 @1:10 Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

12 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I think the TV press conference at the end of a game like this is indecent. It’s like asking Charles Lindbergh how his baby is doing. 

Now they have someone to interview.    I'm happy for the kid.

• Like 1

The Tigers run differential is almost as bad as the Marlins but the Tigers have somehow figured a way to cheat destiny thus far. It’s going to be hard to lose as many games as the Marlins are fated to lose but in case of a tie for the worst record in baseball how is it decided? 

Run differential? 

PED violations? 

The important thing is that the Tigers are still outperforming their Pythagorean record thanks to another blow out loss.  That makes Gardenhire look good.  

I spent a lot of Canadian dollars driving up to Liston's Rule V party and all I get is a month and a half of Garrett?  I feel cheated.  

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I spent a lot of Canadian dollars driving up to Liston's Rule V party and all I get is a month and a half of Garrett?  I feel cheated.  

well...the exchange rate is II to V so you should be ok.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kdog said:

Reed Garrett designated for assignment. 

and called up Baez. Maybe a last chance for him to fish or cut bait as well. He seems to be running hot and cold this season. More than 10 clean outings but multiple runs a few other times.

15 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

and called up Baez. Maybe a last chance for him to fish or cut bait as well. He seems to be running hot and cold this season. More than 10 clean outings but multiple runs a few other times.

Yep and a fine time to determine his fate.   Exactly what this year is suited for.

This season is like The Bourne Ultimatum.  The Tigers are the well-meaning, naive journalist for the Guardian newspaper who is in over his head and being hunted down by NSA assassins. But there is no Jason Bourne to give him a fighting chance.  

We wanted to believe that Bourne was really working behind the scenes making things better than they should have been but he was never really there.  There will never be a, “Oh my God that’s Jason Bourne” moment. 

Now we’re in Groundhog Day where we’ll be repeatedly assassinated at Waterloo Station for the next 120 games. And there’s no Andie MacDowell in this movie either. 

18 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

This season is like The Bourne Ultimatum.  The Tigers are the well-meaning, naive journalist for the Guardian newspaper who is in over his head and being hunted down by NSA assassins. But there is no Jason Bourne to give him a fighting chance.  

We wanted to believe that Bourne was really working behind the scenes making things better than they should have been but he was never really there.  There will never be a, “Oh my God that’s Jason Bourne” moment. 

Now we’re in Groundhog Day where we’ll be repeatedly assassinated at Waterloo Station for the next 120 games. And there’s no Andie MacDowell in this movie either. 

Bert, I feel like your posting is on a different level this season. 

You've been in the cage with Lloyd, haven't you?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Walewander said:

You've been in the cage with Lloyd, haven't you?

Actually, I hang out at the batting cage with Craig Monroe. Thanks to him I’ve learned how to belt it much further than I used to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Walewander said:

Bert is having a breakout year. You can’t help but notice how quick he is this year, always one step ahead of the moment. He’s constantly making adjustments to take advantage of the opportunities as they present themselves. He worked hard in the off season to delay Father Time’s calling. Truly this year’s Renaissance Man.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Besides the runs, a WHIP of 1.94 and 12 BB to 16 SO this season in 18 IP.  I'm not sure that's the suave that this pitching staff needs, but they need to try something.

I see Brandon Dixon got some pitching run.  I bet he calls his curveball Uncle Gnarley.

• Like 1