Of our elaborate plans
The end
Of everything that stands
The end
No safety or surprise
The end
I'll never look into your eyes
Again

I prognosticated the Tigers would be lucky to win four games in the three series (Minnesota/Houston/Oakland). Need to split with the A’s to make that happen. I’m not optimistic. 

6 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

You may remember him from: Montreal Expos, St. Louis Cardinals, being Neil Walker's daddy

I hate to point out the obvious and potentially shame you, but most people know Tom Walker as Don Kelly's father-in-law.

19 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I hate to point out the obvious and potentially shame you, but most people know Tom Walker as Don Kelly's father-in-law.

BMhcr3iCAAA-pQ3.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Athletics vs Tigers

Game 42

18-23

Remember him?

77-186Fr.jpg
Tom Walker

Years with Detroit: 1975

Tigers highlights: 115 innings pitched

You may remember him from: Montreal Expos, St. Louis Cardinals, being Neil Walker's daddy

Baseball Reference Link and Stats:

Walker.jpg

as a baseball player, he made a tremendous golfer.  +4 handicap, I believe.

6 minutes ago, kdog said:

Speculation abound that Dawel Lugo will be replacing Jeimer.

Seems reasonable.  He's already on the 40.  A majority of his playing time in Toledo so far this season has been at 3B.  He is hitting well.

Wasn't he called up earlier this season for a short time but never got into a game?

My gawd......adding Lugo to this lineup is almost unfair to the As.   With Turnbull on the mound I see the beginning of a sweep....

5 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

My gawd......adding Lugo to this lineup is almost unfair to the As.   With Turnbull on the mound I see the beginning of a sweep....

Nah, I think the Tigers will win one. 😁

Love the traditional Thursday afternoon game. Fortunately, Oakland was off yesterday so it was allowed. 

Dawel Lugo will be starting third baseman in Detroit. “We’re bringing him up here to play, not to sit,” Ron Gardenhire said.

I’ve given up on winning. I am now satisfied with simply avoiding a visit from the scary pincushion face guy from hellraiser. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Love the traditional Thursday afternoon game. Fortunately, Oakland was off yesterday so it was allowed. 

It seems like if the Tigers want to do this, they should do it for end of series rather than all Thursday games. I am kind of surprised MLB doesn't have some rule in place for this.  Maybe they do and it only comes into play if the opponent has a night game on the previous day.

The White Sox opened up a 4 game series with an afternoon Thursday game earlier this season, but they had a day game at home on that Wednesday.

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I’ve given up on winning. I am now satisfied with simply avoiding a visit from the scary pincushion face guy from hellraiser. 

Its good to reevaluate the expectations as the season ebbs and flows.

6 minutes ago, Casimir said:

It seems like if the Tigers want to do this, they should do it for end of series rather than all Thursday games. I am kind of surprised MLB doesn't have some rule in place for this.  Maybe they do and it only comes into play if the opponent has a night game on the previous day.

The White Sox opened up a 4 game series with an afternoon Thursday game earlier this season, but they had a day game at home on that Wednesday.

They do have a rule in place. You can’t have a day game to open a series if the opponent had a night game the day before. 

You also have to schedule a getaway game as a day game if the opponent has a long flight to their next city. The astros are off today and play in Boston tomorrow, so last nights game was ok. The off day aspect doesn’t matter, though. If, for example, the Astros were off today and playing in Los Angeles tomorrow, it would have had to be day game yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, Shelton said:

They do have a rule in place. You can’t have a day game to open a series if the opponent had a night game the day before. 

You also have to schedule a getaway game as a day game if the opponent has a long flight to their next city. The astros are off today and play in Boston tomorrow, so last nights game was ok. The off day aspect doesn’t matter, though. If, for example, the Astros were off today and playing in Los Angeles tomorrow, it would have had to be day game yesterday. 

You make all of us proud.

11 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

You make all of us proud.

In spite of himself, Shelton is an asset.