Keepleyland2

5/15 @7:10 Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers

JJ has a 1-2-3 9th setting the stage for the comeback.

Buckle up fellas......

Everyone on this team turtled this series.  I hate them all. 

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

Everyone on this team turtled this series.  I hate them all. 

Put on some Marty Robbins, close your eyes and dream of the old West - let the bitterness flow out of you and enjoy the rest of the evening.  Let me recommend:

Just now, LooseGoose said:

Put on some Marty Robbins, close your eyes and dream of the old West - let the bitterness flow out of you and enjoy the rest of the evening.  Let me recommend:

Some fine songs on that album.  Its road trip music for us.   The Master's Call is one of the most bizarre things you'll hear. 

Just now, ROMAD1 said:

Some fine songs on that album.  Its road trip music for us.   The Master's Call is one of the most bizarre things you'll hear. 

My 5 year old grandson LOVES Marty Robbins.   His 2 faves are The Strawberry Roan and Big Iron.  I'm kinda partial to 160 acres.

well heck, the pitching tonight was only half bad. Soto and Ramirez might be able to steal maybe one of each three or four games they work.

1 minute ago, LooseGoose said:

My 5 year old grandson LOVES Marty Robbins.   His 2 faves are The Strawberry Roan and Big Iron.  I'm kinda partial to 160 acres.

Cool Water seems to come up whenever someone I know is parched. 

3 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Bizarre?  Aren't lightning storms and cattle stampedes where most people get religion?

3 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

Bizarre?  Aren't lightning storms and cattle stampedes where most people get religion?

Cows being slaughtered by the hundred seems like an efficient means of producing an impression on thieving cattle rustlers. 

Candelario optioned to Toledo.

19 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

well heck, the pitching tonight was only half bad. Soto and Ramirez might be able to steal maybe one of each three or four games they work.

Ramirez verged on impressive, especially when he kept his cool in the midst of defensive butchery.

2 minutes ago, kdog said:

Candelario optioned to Toledo.

He’s really fallen off.  Kind of a shame to see it happening.

So, Cabrera takes over at 3B?

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

He’s really fallen off.  Kind of a shame to see it happening.

So, Cabrera takes over at 3B?

Or RR

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

Or RR

and one of the Castro Bros take RR's games at SS.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

and one of the Castro Bros take RR's games at SS.

Harold.  Let Willi keep working on his game in Toledo.

My guess is Harrison moves to 3B and Lugo plays 2B. RonRod sticks at SS until Mercer gets back, and then Lugo probably heads back to Toledo and RonRod shifts to 3B with JoHa back to 2B. 

11 minutes ago, Shelton said:

My guess is Harrison moves to 3B and Lugo plays 2B. RonRod sticks at SS until Mercer gets back, and then Lugo probably heads back to Toledo and RonRod shifts to 3B with JoHa back to 2B. 

I suspect Lugo at 3B and Harrison stays at 2B.  Lugo has played mostly 3B this season in Toledo.

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I suspect Lugo at 3B and Harrison stays at 2B.  Lugo has played mostly 3B this season in Toledo.

That works, too. 

With Candelario gone what remains is  pretty much a mix and match IF. Beckham can play the left side, though his arm is substandard, RR can go anywhere and be marginal. I think I'd play RR at 3rd as much as possible just to cut down his chances. He has a fine arm but he's not really an adequate glove at SS.

4 hours ago, Casimir said:

That seems more likely.  Harrison has played considerably more second than third in his career, and he played only four innings at third last season and hasn't played there at all this year.