Keepleyland2

5/14 @7:10 Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers

I wonder how many more times that they can run Carpenter out there.  His ERA is at 13.00

And in the meantime, the Astros contunue to mash.  Springer now has 16 home runs, more than half the entire Tiger team has all year

Happy people in other dugouts really **** me off.  I’d like to feed them all to Godzilla. 

28 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

lol, I spent 5 years on the road with my sons so I'm pretty used to these things.   If you drive enough miles it's inevitable.   My problem is that I retired early and on the cheap so I don't have the $$ for a $100K+ motorhome so in exchange I get adventures.  😉

What route did you drive?  80 or 90?   If I had to rank them for views and diversity of scenery I'd go with 90-70-80-40-10.   We used to run Michigan to the port at Long Beach every 3 weeks with loads of bikes.  In the winter I preferred 40, in the summer 80.  

good that you made it back in one piece.

we went out mostly 90/North - hit Yellowstone/Badlands/Tetons then to Bishop CA. Came back from SoCal via Zion/Bryce/Arches but did half of Wyoming on a two lane for no good reason.Even the cows wondered what anyone was doing there. Eventually back to 80 to Denver,  but detoured back to the North up 35 as we had to make a stop in Minneapolis. Have never driven xcountry across the southern tier.

4 hours ago, Shelton said:

So damn tired of castellanos. 

I'm tired of Jones. And 2 of our starting pitchers.

5 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

I wonder how many more times that they can run Carpenter out there.  His ERA is at 13.00

And in the meantime, the Astros contunue to mash.  Springer now has 16 home runs, more than half the entire Tiger team has all year

Jack Morris actually said..."This is ridiculous"

11 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

did half of Wyoming on a two lane for no good reason.Even the cows wondered what anyone was doing there. Eventually back to 80 to Denver,  but detoured back to the North up 35 as we had to make a stop in Minneapolis. Have never driven xcountry across the southern tier.

Wyoming is pretty cool no matter where you are.  It was better back in the day though when there was no speed limit, everybody had a six-pack, and everybody had a gun. 

The pitchers are doing a really good job of hitting the Astros bats. They should try a little harder to miss those bats. 

Try to keep things in perspective. The front office has put together a team that is destined to lose. With that, they’re successes are on display frequently now.

Losses = success

29 minutes ago, kj2018 said:

Burows out, Funk out - there are no options, though it's pretty clear now that we are going to see both those guys get extended time in Det this season if/when they get healthy. It's going to get  worse before it gets any better. Looks like another top 5 pick, the likelihood of which seemed to be receding until pretty recently. 

53 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Mr. McKittrick,  after very careful consideration, sir,  I've come to the conclusion that your new starting pitcher sucks. 

I feel bad for the kid.   But at least he's getting a little MLB money........

And health care for life.   An amazing perk of making the big show for even a day.

"Players vest in their pensions after 43 days on the active roster and just one day qualifies a player for lifetime healthcare. Playing isn’t even a requirement, benchwarmers may qualify for benefits as well. After 43 days, players qualify for the minimum benefit of $34,000 per year"

• Like 1

If you had a Sophie‘s choice where you were only allowed to save two Tigers hitters from the firing squad who would they be? For me:

1)  Ronnie Rodriguez 

2)  Ronnie Rodriguez 

40 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

good that you made it back in one piece.

we went out mostly 90/North - hit Yellowstone/Badlands/Tetons then to Bishop CA. Came back from SoCal via Zion/Bryce/Arches but did half of Wyoming on a two lane for no good reason.Even the cows wondered what anyone was doing there. Eventually back to 80 to Denver,  but detoured back to the North up 35 as we had to make a stop in Minneapolis. Have never driven xcountry across the southern tier.

That's a nice trip.

Obviously 40 was better in that there was less snow but I had a fondness for Amarillo, Flagstaff and Barstow.  IF you ever get the chance it would be a great road trip.  

Son #1 was over for a trip update so that killed a couple innings.  lol, made the night better than watching this.

Edited to add:

Also 40 follows much of the old Route 66 so there are some nice sightseeing stops along the way.

there is a leather lung guy calling out Miggy...  I think I agree

10 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

10-4 after 7.

We can still win this fellas!!

😉

Interesting that at the time, down 6 runs, and his spot due up 2nd in the bottom of the 8th that Gardy pulled Miggy.  

And there is some fan who (FSD is clearly picking his voice up) screaming "WHERE IS CABRERA" over and over.  Then he was yelling about him only having one home run.  It was super loud.

12 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

10-4 after 7.

We can still win this fellas!!

😉

46FBC12A-C27C-48D6-9FCC-D6126EC69EC2.png.9ede7f9bb262ba916a1a5972ece6a347.png

2 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

It's the classic case of good ideas gone bad.   Had a complete system check at a very well respected shop in Grayling before leaving, new radiator, etc - mechanic decided it needed a new parking brake.   The parking brake on this chassis clamps onto the drive shaft.   Anyway we were tooling along right by the Iowa 80 truck stop and the speedo quit then started rolling smoke out the back.  Pulled over and we had a fire underneath, got the kids out and my SiL went under and put out the fire.   This was Friday early evening, after a weekend out there dealing with tow companies, insurance companies etc we drove the rental van we had home last night.

Both tow companies we used and both shops it was at agreed the mechanic here screwed up the installation of the parking brake.  The catch?   The only shop in that area that does motorhome work is closed because of the flooding for another week or two.  They promised us first in line after they re-opened.   So far it seems that between the shop up here and Progressive we're going to come out of it with no extra expense, just a major PITA and more crowds once we get out there.

Luckily my SiL is self employed so he can adjust his schedule for stuff like this - I think I was more bummed than my grandkids.  They thought the jumping out on the roadside and the weekend in a motel was a great adventure....lol...

Sounds like a Ryan Carpenter start.  Except your trip began with good intentions and hope.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Jack Morris actually said..."This is ridiculous"

Hall of Famer Jack Morris.

9 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

there is a leather lung guy calling out Miggy...  I think I agree

Did he yell at him to lay off of the cheeseburgers?

The starting pitching injuries have been unfortunate. This didn't profile as a good pitching staff with reasonable health. Now we are headed down the crapper.

11-4 Final....So 18-22 at the SparkyMark.

73-89 pace roughly..pretty close to where predicted and actually better than they should be when considering the devastation of the rotation.

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

11-4 Final....So 18-22 at the SparkyMark.

73-89 pace roughly..pretty close to where predicted and actually better than they should be when considering the devastation of the rotation.

I don't see them getting close to those numbers again. The fact they won 18 of their first 40 will help them possibly avoid 100 losses, but I don't see them winning 55 more games. Huh-uh. They've had their best quarter.  I could see a 15-25 quarter coming or even a 13-27. It's gonna be ugly. You realize Ramirez is the likely starter tomorrow night, right?