Keepleyland2

5/13 @7:10 Houston Astros vs Detroit Tigers

Looks like Boyd won't be getting that 8th consecutive quality start.

I dis-agree with the start of this game.   I think they should restart. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I may be wrong but I think Turnbull made the team as our 5th SP.  So we've lost 60% of our SP staff.

He did, after fulmer was hurt. Rotation was shaping up to be fulmer Boyd zimm Moore and Ross (with Norris the guy most expected to be competing for that a spot).

when fulmer went down, it appeared Norris would win that last spot but he was bad down the stretch in the spring and turnbull basically beat Norris. 

I think when the spring started, Norris and turnbull were the sixth and seventh guys, so to speak, and then we had guys like hall and carpenter and burrows and funk that we could call on in an emergency. And burrows and funk are hurt too!

23 minutes ago, Shelton said:

He did, after fulmer was hurt. Rotation was shaping up to be fulmer Boyd zimm Moore and Ross (with Norris the guy most expected to be competing for that a spot).

when fulmer went down, it appeared Norris would win that last spot but he was bad down the stretch in the spring and turnbull basically beat Norris. 

I think when the spring started, Norris and turnbull were the sixth and seventh guys, so to speak, and then we had guys like hall and carpenter and burrows and funk that we could call on in an emergency. And burrows and funk are hurt too!

TBH I forgot about Norris. So yeah, we lost 4 of our projected top 5 SP.  Just don't rush Mize.

I have just discovered the soothing beauty of watching the game with the only audio being park noises in the background.  It’s almost as good as being there.

It’s like silent poetry or something. No mindless chatter of announcers, nobody sitting next to me talking, nobody spilling beer on me from behind.  

And I don’t even have to be wearing pants to do it. You’re welcome. 

Those two plays in a row by Ronnie were like déjà vu all over again 

ron ron is a show...he's a movable feast of baseball.  

Flash Cadillac and the Continental Kids!

To paraphrase Winston Wolf from Pulp Fiction, I may have been celebrating prematurely. 

1 hour ago, clark1mt said:

Looks like Boyd won't be getting that 8th consecutive quality start.

if you are going to pick a night to be off, it might as well be a night when your team was only going to get you one run.

I was about to type that is was amazing how bad the hitters on this team are, but stopped myself because it really isn't, they are in the main not MLB hitters. What is amazing is how useless Cabrera and Castellanos have been.

Cabrera just hit a home run in Camden Yards. Unfortunately he was standing in the batter's box at CoPa.

• Like 1

Candelario, Cabrera, and Castellanos all terrible.

Stewie had the altitude but not the azimuth. Do not pass go, do not collect $200 do not collect a Defensive Run Saved.

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

JaCoby's night: 2 BB 3K.

Is this progress?

He wants to be the new Adam Dunn, but instead of 3 true outcomes (HR, K, BB), it will be one true outcome with a chance of anything else (the true outcome is the K of course)

Another Tigers special, 0fer with RISP.  

It felt like an offensive explosion in Minny, but in reality they got 13 runs in 4 games, which is actually below their ugly 3.5 runs per game.  

Tonight just continued what will be a season long struggle to score runs.

There’s no dishonor in losing to a team as good as the Houston Astros.  And I suppose that losing 8-5 is still as much of a loss as is 8-1 but the difficulty in scoring runs is really not good. 

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

JaCoby's night: 2 BB 3K.

Is this progress?

Avg/SLG down, OBP up. I'll take it. 

9 hours ago, kdog said:

Candelario, Cabrera, and Castellanos all terrible.

Candelario's struggles are starting to worry me.

26 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Candelario's struggles are starting to worry me.

Yeah, but when sucks, he sucks from both sides! That counts for something, doesn't it? 

You don't have to platoon him - it saves a roster spot. 🙂