Keepleyland2

5/12 @2:10 Detroit Tigers at Minnesota Twins

36 minutes ago, Walewander said:

Can we go ahead and trade Greene before his arm falls off?

If I read B-R right, he was on a pace for 68 IP this season before today - so that is not that bad.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kdog said:

I don't know what to make of Norris...but it's progress?

Daniel Norris   Pitch Velocity Exit Velocity
Pitch Type Count SwStr Called Strikes Fouls BIP Avg Min Max Avg Min Max
FF 41 2 8 10 7 90.7 88.7 92.5 94.3 79.3 112
CU 17 3 1 1 3 76.1 74.6 77 89.7 81.2 103
CH 10 1 0 1 2 85.3 82.6 87.2 49.8 49.8 49.8
FT 16 2 3 1 7 90.5 88 92.5 98.2 80.1 107.7
SL 12 0 4 1 1 83.5 82 84.9 94.9 94.9 94.9
ALL 96 8 16 14 20 86.6 74.6 92.5 92.7 49.8 112

I think he threw some better FBs a couple of starts ago, but OTOH his average FB velocity is creeping up, which is what he has hoped would happen as he repeats his delivery. Norris' stuff will play, he just needs to stay healthy and keep up his discipline on his delivery. Morris' view is that  he still needs a little more work on the delivery to help him command the plate on his arm side.

Some good news is that Altuve will be on the DL for the up coming Houston series. That bad news is that he has been only their 4th best hitter so far this season. They need to steal Monday's game - probably their best shot at a win with Boyd going against NotVerlander.

1 hour ago, roarintiger1 said:

Can't Shane Greene pitch more than one inning?

Don't mess with the one thing that is working. Overworking him this early in the season? 

During a rebuild, a team gets to respectable.  We're not quite there yet but most of the long term players at most positions aren't even here yet. So...I'm nuts. 

Interesting to see Miggy turning into a poor man's Dave Magadan. 

I'm just glad he's in the lineup, taking pitches, and hitting so well with runners in scoring position. 

The Tigers have placed right-hander Tyson Ross on the 10-day disabled list with right elbow ulnar neuritis, according to manager Ron Gardenhire.

Ross underwent thoracic outlet surgery in 2016, but these are different symptoms, he said. Asked what the symptoms were, he said, "It's something weird," and, "It's weird, I'll leave it at that."

The Tigers sent Harold Castro down and will be activating Josh Harrison before tomorrow night's game.

You know, it might not have looked pretty at all, but Gregory Soto and Nick Ramirez taking care of the night game of the doubleheader really did help out the pitching staff in a time of need.  Miller, Zimmermann, and now Ross are on the injured list.  The starting pitching was shallow to begin with (and let's be honest, the pickings of relievers in Toledo is limited as well), they are in the middle of a 14 games in 13 day stretch, and two of the series are against division leaders.  Throw in the fact that they were making their major league debuts, and it wasn't by knocking down the door with minor league performance that demanded a call up.  The bullpen was just awful today, but how much worse could it have looked had Soto and Ramirez not combined to get them through last night?

The old guys are dropping like flies.  Stick Carpenter in.  He’s not any good, but helps buy time for the kids.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we move on Big Game James, too.

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

The old guys are dropping like flies.  Stick Carpenter in.  He’s not any good, but helps buy time for the kids.  Wouldn’t be surprised if we move on Big Game James, too.

I would. Other teams are involved and he wants several million dollars