Keepleyland2

5/11 @2:10 Detroit Tigers at Minnesota Twins

Might have hit his batting glove?   

Is that anything like a ball hitting a jersey?  

Asking for a friend.  

(Still bitter over that one).  

Ronny Rodriguez of the @tigers has a pair of solo home runs today.

Last 3 Middle Infielders w/ 14+ RBI & 14+ XBH in First 17 Player Games:

Ronny Rodriguez, 2019 Det

Ian Kinsler, 2009 Tex

Derek Jeter, 1999 NYY

#MotorOn 

Tigers get a man to third with one out - don't score. They are  gonna let a fine gut-it-out performance by Turnbull go to waste.

Shep just did it again — and I keep falling for it (so shame on me). I’m looking down, writing a grocery list, when I hear Shep say, “It’s driven to left.”  Of course, I look up, only to see that it’s a pop fly to shallow left field. I’m not sure Shep knows the difference between a line drive and a pop-out. 

On this front, I’m a DTV Extra Innings junkie. Over the past few seasons, I’ve heard every broadcast duo in baseball plenty. It saddens me to say that, from my humble perspective, Shep & Co. are by far the worst to listen to. It’s so bad that I’m In some sort of a phase where I’m missing Milquetoastio & Rod. 

Miguel not swinging the bat with any authority at all. Did someone wonder recently if his arm was still not 100%? A few games ago it looked like he was coming around a bit, but the last week or so he has had pretty terrible ABs.

Dickerson completely jinxed that but I never thought much of Jimenez.

:alien:

Jimenez gives up a gopher.  As Jim Bouton would say, “********!”.

The last homegrown reliever that wasnt complete trash was Joel Zumaya THIRTEEN ******* YEARS AGO.   Truly mind boggling.  They should have found a handful of guys on accident during that time period.  Unreal.

17 minutes ago, MDMAzing said:

The last homegrown reliever that wasnt complete trash was Joel Zumaya THIRTEEN ******* YEARS AGO.   Truly mind boggling.  They should have found a handful of guys on accident during that time period.  Unreal.

Especially with their famous relief pitcher drafts. 

Furbush and Knebel have been good, for other teams. 

• Like 1

Shane Greene has been the rock in the bullpen.  Hopefully they keep giving him enough chances to stay locked in, and then they can dump him for a good prospect.  He really has had a fantastic start to the season.  He gave up a hit today because the ball hit the bag, otherwise another 1-2-3 save

Ridiculous MLB scoring rules strike again, Jimenez gets the win and the blown save.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Ridiculous MLB scoring rules strike again, Jimenez gets the win and the blown save.

Funny you say that, i texted my brother and father as soon as the Tigers took the lead in the 9th and said that wins are so overrated as Joe got the win for blowing the lead, and Turnbull gets bupkus